Writing option broker

Which is best broker for option writing

I have been using angel broking it’s good. Good leverage good pricing and trading platform also good.

2 Likes

Heard about Zerodha? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you are looking for a broker who provides leverage for Option Writing then you should know the margin requirments are going to be the same across all brokers starting December 1. You can learn more about this here: Peak margin requirements from Dec 1st 2020 & its effects

2 Likes

bro… there isn’t going to be much difference between brokers if you are looking for leverage for selling options… there are new rules coming from dec 1 which mean margin requirement at all brokers will be same.

1 Like

I have tried and tested 5 brokers (specifically from option seller perspective).
Zerodha is by far the best with their slick platform and really good customer service.
However, one area where Zerodha falls flat is the restriction on buying index options.
I have moved to Fyers now, which comes a close second and has really good platform and responsive customer care (of course, there is no restriction on buying options as well)
I use ICICI for intraday, but waiting to see how this is set to change from Dec 01.

1 Like

I have Heard too…but how’s it’s interface? And brokarge charges

Interface is good and brokerage charges are same as zerodha.

1 Like

Hi Karthik,

What’s the restrictions on option buying in Zerodha are you talking about? Is it deep in OTM options which Zerodha blocks giving reasons of illiquidity or something else? Pl elaborate as I am also evaluating other brokers to move as Zerodha freezes many times in the trading hours. Thanks in advance for your response.