Your favorite Quote?

I was searching for some stock market quotes online and thought of asking the question on tradinqna. It will be fun if everyone reading can then vote to decide which is the best.

22 Likes

Two basic rules: (1) if you don’t bet, you can’t win. (2) If you lose all your chips, you can’t
bet. - Larry Hite

27 Likes

“Trend is your Friend”

13 Likes

“One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute.”

25 Likes

"Difference between gambling and trading is managing risk "

17 Likes

" I don’t trade for excitement; I trade to win." - Larry Hite
&

“Frankly, I don’t see markets; I see risks, rewards, and money.”

7 Likes

Not to bore you with my explanation, thought I;d make it a bit interesting :-)

1) "Bull markets create dreams and bear markets create value'

In bull markets, people get so greedy that they end up buying anything and everything, dreaming about massive gains. But when the big sell comes, you end up with just a dream and no real money!. 

Likewise in bear markets people are so fearful that they just want to sell at whatever ridiculously price they get, not realizing they are actually creating long term value! 

2) ' All the math you need in stock market, you get it in 4th grade' - Peter Lynch

There is so much truth in this. People just end up doing so many complicated stuff in markets, just to blow up slowly and steadily. Its not really required!! Keeping it simple is the key! 

3) Don't cross the river if its 4 feet deep on average - Nassim Nicholas Taleb

The power in this quote is intense. Goes to all wannabe quant jocks :-)

24 Likes

“In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine.” Benjamin Graham.

What matters in the long run is a company’s actual underlying business performance and not the investing public’s fickle opinion about its prospects in the short run.

4 Likes

All by Jesse Livermore:

1. “Don’t give me timing, give me time.”

2.  “Money is made by sitting, not trading.”

3. "It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time."

12 Likes

"Success in life can never be an accident. It is the result of right decisions at the right time.

Champions are not the people who never fail, but the people who never quit."

11 Likes
  1. Rule No.1 : Never Lose Money. Rule No.2 ; Never Forget Rule No.1 2. Price is What you pay, Value is what you get. 3. Risk comes From Not Knowing What you’re doing. 4. In the Business World, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield. 5. Our Favourite Holding period is Forever. - Warren buffet.
6 Likes

“Stop trying to predict the direction of the stock market, the economy or elections.”-Warren buffet.

4 Likes

I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.

-Warren Buffett

Anyone who thinks there’s safety in numbers hasn’t looked at the stock market pages

-Irene Peter

Never invest emergency savings in the stock market.
-Suze Orman

5 Likes

Trading success is a Marathon, not a sprint! Qoute courtesy to my favorite market analyzer Brahmesh sir

3 Likes
  1. Markets offer unlimited opportunities for self-
    sabotage, as well as for self-fulfillment. Acting
    out your internal conflicts in the marketplace is
    an expensive proposition. Traders who are not
    at peace with themselves often try to fulfill their
    contradictory wishes in their market. If you do
    not know where you are going, you will wind up
    somewhere you never wanted to be. You can
    succeed in trading only if you can handle it as a
    serious intellectual pursuit. Emotional trading is
    lethal. To help ensure success, practice
    defensive money management. A good trader
    watches his or her capital as successfully as a
    professional scuba-diver watches his or her air
    supply. - ALEXANDER ELDER
  2. Every winner needs to master three essential
    components of trading; a sound individual
    psychology, a logical trading system and good
    money management. These essentials are like
    three legs of a stool - remove one and the stool
    will fall, together with the person who sits on it.
    Losers try to build a stool with only one leg, or
    two at the most. They usually focus exclusively
    on trading systems. Your trades must be based
    on clearly defined rules. You have to analyze
    your feelings as you trade, to make sure that
    your decisions are intellectually sound. You have
    to structure your money management so that no
    string of losses can kick you out of the game. -
    ALEXANDER ELDER?
  3. Its not about being right or wrong,
    rather, its about how much money you
    make when you are right and how much
    you don't lose when you are wrong -
    George Soros
4 Likes

Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures, the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge, has marked the upward surge of mankind and greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the U.S.A – Gekko, WallStreet Film

4 Likes

If stock market experts were so expert, they would be buying stock, not selling advice.

Norman Ralph Augustine

17 Likes

Do What is right not what is comfortable…Market is always Right…
First Loss is the Best Loss…

All i have come across reading Market Wizards…

And Gujarathi Style – Bhav Bhagawanche :slight_smile:

10 Likes

One of the best quotes is from Bhagwad Gita - "Karam Karo, Phal Ki Chinta Mat Karo" meaning "Do your job without worrying about the results". For traders it is "To Trade without worrying of the Outcome (win/lose)".

• Don't put all your Eggs in one Basket.
  • Win or Learn, never Lose.
  • In this business if you're good, you're right six times out of ten. You're never going to be right nine times out of ten.
  • What seems too high and risky to the majority generally goes higher and what seems low and cheap generally goes lower.
  • The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people most of the time.
  • The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary.
  • There is only one side of the market and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side.
  • Candlesticks exhaust themselves to give light to Men.
  • Through Inquiring of the Old we can learn the New.
  • The Harder I work, the Luckier I get.
  • Fate Aids the Courageous.
  • Learning is like Rowing Upstream, Not to Advance is to Fall Back.
  • Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked.
  • Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
  • Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Finally another great Indian quote "Tipay Tipay Sarovar Bharay" - "Drop by Drop, Ocean gets filled".

41 Likes

“There are two kinds of investors, be they large or small: those who don’t know where the market is headed, and those who don’t know that they don’t know. Then again, there is a third type of investor -the investment professional, who indeed knows that he or she doesn’t know, but whose livelihood depends upon appearing to know.” - Bernstein, William.

2 Likes