Zerodha AMC launch date

We’re hoping so :crossed_fingers::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am in need to good fund that combines power of indexing + debt (Zero credit risk) + Yearly rebalancing + Tax efficient . All hybrid funds in market today lack power of indexing .

might not be possible this year right @Bhuvan , you would have to file with SEBI separately for each fund offering?

1 Like

The fund approvals don’t take much time once we have the final approval.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Nithin0dha/status/1689999575078113282?t=9oSKCeRjiy4HU-uB98z2kQ&s=19

2 Likes

You got approval. What next

2 Likes
2 Likes

We’ll share more details in a few days :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congratulations Team Zerodha. Will be waiting for your offering.

4 Likes

Waiting eagerly

1 Like

Would be very interesting to see how this will play out. After seeing how smallcase performed, i would watch closely may be a year observing how they will playout as an AMC. May be there is a chance they will do better here.

Honestly, smallcase doesn’t have a good image in my head. They tried to sell active portfolios with constant churning as a good choice for retail investors. It’s the antithesis of passive investing and what zerodha and Nithin stands for in my head. So i was quite surprised to see them partnering up for building Zerodha AMC.
Hopefully they build it true to their core message and not sullied by what smallcase has been doing up till now.

4 Likes

Same feeling my only worry is that they are doing this where smallcase seems to be the front executioner.

I have very negative opinion on smallcase as well.

1 Like

Disadvantage of small case is taxation . Portfolio rebalancing is tax efficient if AMC does it . If we are doing we need to pay taxes . I will be disappointed if this is another portfolio in small case .

from https://help.zerodhafundhouse.com/support/solutions/articles/84000356528-general-faqs
following statements gives general idea about (future) offering from Zerodha AMC for both philosophy and (generally ) cost to customer.

Why does Zerodha offer only passive funds and not active funds?

Passive index-based strategies provide beta-based investing, which bears a lower cost and gives index-like returns. The focus is to identify the segments with high information symmetry.
Data clearly shows that over a long-term horizon investing in specific stock portfolios rarely(<5%) beats investing in index funds and strong active portfolio managers.
There are many benefits of Passive Investing like Low Fund Management Fees, low Unsystematic Risk, Tax Efficiency etc.

How can you invest in direct schemes of Zerodha mutual funds and save extra?

As Zerodha Mutual Fund only offers a direct plan for all its schemes, investors can earn an extra return by investing in mutual funds through the direct plan. There are various digital platforms that enable investors to invest in direct plans of the Zerodha Mutual Fund and save on distributors’ commission which is added to the investor’s return

I know all this. That’s why I’m surprised at zerodha partnering up with smallcase which follows the opposite philosophy.

Smallcase is just a different name for a basket of stocks that do not have follow SEBI’s rule on mutual funds + have high fees + active involvement + lost of transactions charges due to constant churning etc.

Thus I have a strong negative opinion of them.

4 Likes

Almost End of August, Any updates on the Mutual funds? @Bhuvan @nithin

There is no update .

Will take a month or so. There’s a ton of work happening in the background as we prep for the first NFO.

4 Likes