Zerodha and Advertisements

@Zerodha-Staff

I have encountered several videos and posts where @nithin states that Zerodha does not advertise. However, I discovered an advertisement for Zerodha on investorgain.com.

Additionally, I found numerous YouTube videos where creators recommend Zerodha. I am uncertain whether these are paid promotions or genuine recommendations.

1 Like

these are affilate links. not direct advertisements by zerodha
if you signup using those links, the one who shared gets commission from the brokerage paid

1 Like

Isn’t this just another form of advertising, marketing, or product promotion? Regardless, it will result in a customer acquisition cost since Zerodha pays a commission to the individual sharing the link.

1 Like

It’s different from adverts. Ads means you pay to create the campaign. You pay a hefty amount upfront regardless of its outcome.
Affiliate marketing doesn’t cost a penny to zerodha untill it brings business or signup in this case. And even zerodha may not know who is doing affiliate marketing until they bring a lead.

1 Like

You get zerodha points when someone signs up, not real cash. You only get actual cash when the other person pays brokerage (you get 10%).

Also the other person pays 500 to use his zerodha account in first year. They give you ~100 worth of benefits.

Exact numbers could be off but you get the idea na

As someone who ran a company for many years in the online marketing sphere, I can say affiliate marketing is a form of advertising too - you can term it as “Performance Marketing”. Its less brazen and more targeted.

2 Likes