Zerodha forcing me to become a gambler!

Just want to understand and gain knowledge,

How will it help your trading if they allow unpledging instantly , i am seing lot of requests for this recently.

he may be looking for options to fund the loss. just preparedness.

@siva0
edit: if the instant unpledge option is available we convert 99% of available funds into some debt/equity instrument. And if a drawdown happens we can unpledge a portion of that to cover the loss.

Its not that we are expecting losses, but from a confidence perspective it will give a great mileage.

@Jason_Castelino any other advantage you see ?

Makes a huge difference if pledging and unpledging is not instant.

If pledging is instant I can get the margin for the same day. So opportunity cost of one day.
If unpledging is instant then I don’t have to keep cash to meet mark to market losses. I can park it in liquidbees.
If other brokers are providing this, then I do not understand as to why zerodha cannot. Even though I have started moving my fund to other broker, my first love is still zerodha. Majority of my funds are still here in zerodha.

2 Likes

Hmm… It has been a couple of months since we have enabled this.

I think he needs liquid bees unpledging.
It says in the article
Cash equivalent pledged securities like Liquidbees, and Gsecs cannot be sold instantly

2 Likes

This is only for stocks and not for liquidbees. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ah, not for liquidbees. My bad. @ShubhS9, can you start an email thread with the team on why we aren’t live with it yet?

5 Likes

Will do

1 Like

Any update on this ?

booked too much profit eh? :smiley:
so large pile of cash implies fixed return loss (like a return trip)

i also want LB fast tracked

here is an idea, make basket order to ignore OI cap if the buy order in basket is hedge.
It already ignores OI cap for intraday buy orders, just one more line of code to make it ignore for overnight hedge aswel.

2 Likes

@nithin Can you do it for Mutual funds as well in coin? Instant unpledge of mutual funds?

We don’t get a response unless you are tagged. We really try to not tag you for everything. But then helplessness. @nithin

1 Like

Its on testing phase, will update here once we are live.

Once it’s live why do you need to update here? We need update now as to when it will be live.

1 Like

Mutual funds instant pledging is a little tricky at the backend. On our list of things to do, but it will take time.

1 Like

There’s plenty of browsers available. I myself have more than 4 browsers on any of the device I use. :rofl:

@jashjacob you are not alone

A lighter alternate to multiple browsers is to use “multiple profiles” within Chrome or Edge(chromium) etc

1 Like

Yes, why can’t this be the solution Zerodha?