Zerodha's API support is failure

Hello @nithin ,

There is nothing else I can do, so I am informing you. I have been paying for and using the Zerodha API for years. I’ve created an issue in the API community because I’ve been having some problems with the exchange_timestamp discrepancies over the last two days. Even in the worst situation, I have not received any assistance from the team and have been unable to take trades for the last two days. Since Zerodha community helps retailer traders, I continue to be a member of their faculty.

I have a request please make the API community and support team more effective and productive. At the very least, as a long-time paying customer, I deserve to get good service.

1 Like

@Matti can you check

1 Like

@Athul what is the discrepancy you’re seeing?

Hey,

You can look at the discussion I started two days ago here:

@Matti Any updates?

@nithin Disappointed !! No response from the team. It’s been 5 days. Some traders reported the same issue years ago but have yet to receive a response. simply says that the exchange timestamp should match the current time, but I could see that it’s not matching. If this logic is incorrect, how can a trader determine his own logic when trading? Currently, the API fetches ticks with a 1 second delay, and this is a very serious discrepancy that needs to be resolved asap. I’m not talking about HFT accuracy, but if the API able to stream ticks on time, then it’s worth it to pay for the service.

What should I do now as a customer using an API service?

Hey Athul, sorry for the delayed response. We had some non-working days. We’ll respond to your thread on the Kite Connect forum. But as my colleague Faisal has mentioned on the forum, this isn’t really an issue as such. There is bound to be some mismatch in these timestamps. If your activities are so latency-sensitive, I’d recommend getting a colocated setup.

Hey Matti,

What Mr Faizal said that LTT == Current time depend instruments liquidity but any delay beyond this would require some investigation. My activities are depend on the current time == exchange timestamp. in my view it’s not a colo latency sensitive logic.

where is your machine located?

I don’t want to sound sarcastic or anything, but if 1 second affects the strategy, you should be using the NSE co-lo.

@Chirag1 1s is not a delay if activities more than 10 minute time frame. my server in Mumbai.

Zerodha is amongst the most stable, but its API reponse times are amongst the slowest. If you want speed, then Z may not be the best choice…

Look at the response times

@VijayNair I know, but stability is the most important factor when it comes to algo trading. If you get good speed but no stability, then what does it matter? So if speed is a little bit lower but stable, then we can build a methodology. Zerodha is best for that, but with the way they deal with their clients, I am not satisfied. It’s been weeks since I’ve been waiting for their reply, whether it can be done or not, they could have answered.

Have you tried Dhan? I saw a twitter thread about their API

Sad that Zerodha is ignoring this thread!! As if 2K per month is not worth!!!

1 Like

I am using Kite Connect API. I have not used other APIs.

Finvasia have upped their game recently. In the past 6 months, it has not skipped a beat, and their APIs are fast.
I use Kotak, Z, Finvasia and now Dhan. I place around 4000 orders a month, but dont use websocket, infact I only poll at intervals greater than 30 seconds.

How is FInvasia API support, documentation and community ?

I use Kotak, Z, Finvasia and now Dhan. I place around 4000 orders a month, but dont use websocket, infact I only poll at intervals greater than 30 seconds.

That depends on your strategy. polling API is not efficient, and it has a polling limit as well. WebSocket can stream data without polling. WS is faster than polling.

Yes, But efficient enough for me. IMO there is too much noise in sub-min for anything to be sacrosanct, and it all evens out in time. And my polling is interspaced at intervals of 20-60 seconds across 16 strategies, across brokers…

Ok. So all your strategies are TA based ?

I only trade options. My Option Buying is TA based on Index, but my Option Selling (which forms majority) is not much TA based, it is about being hedged and continuously monitoring and managing risk by shifting strikes and such…