Received only 2.25 rs sgb interest

Received only 2.25 rs sgb interest… Can anyone help regarding this???

1 Like

Same here, I think i received very less compared to 2.5%, can someone explain the formulae for calculating?

Same experience here.

This is SGB issued by RBI in Feb 2024 issue, or previous ones?

How did you determined this is SGB interest and not something else? Share more details on when you bought SGB, how and what is description appearing in transaction.
Then probably we can figure it out

1 Like

2.5% is for the year and paid on face value. Interest is paid twice a year.
So each time you will be getting approx 1.25% interest on face value.

1 Like

Agreed but that is also not what i received

Formula:

(BuyPrice x NumberofUnits x 0.025)/2

This is not matching to what was credited in bank :frowning:

This is FV and not buy price.
Unless you bought it in primary issue, this may change.

Ok so maybe this is the issue, where do you find FV?

You can check the issue price here: Interest payment dates for Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs)

1 Like

Look up the ISIN and check on NSE website

As you can see in below snap, if you buy these SGB today, you will pay 6300 or something. But its face value is under 3K, so interest will be paid only on FV and you think it is a discrepancy.

Checked, for SGBSEP31II substituted the same in formulae and i should be receiving in 1000’s and i received 95rs :slight_smile: not sure what is wrong here

Link Please, but interesting, this is completely different from what all are sayin…

https://www.nseindia.com/get-quotes/equity?symbol=SGBNOV23

When did this happen? for the symbol SGBSEP31II first interest payment is due on 20-Mar, and interest is not paid out yet.
Are you sure it is SGB interest you got? If you don’t mind can you share what was the description in entry for transaction?

1 Like

I got Rs. 12.77 and it was written SGB interest in description. I bought the SGB in Feb 2024.

Most likely this will be interest on subscription money and not actual 6 monthly interest for the SGB.

Once you apply in an SGB issue, there is small time lag between your date of application and date of issue of SGB.
RBI being a good bank that it is, pays out interest for this small duration too, which is generally in few days so actual interest paid is very small. This comes in same month as SGB is issued

First full interest is paid only after 6 months of Issue date. and that would be approx 1.25% of face value

4 Likes

Sorry i cant express all numbers here but this is the description
NEFT-{BankName}NSE CLEARING{someNumber}LIMITED-SGB T65(morenumber}NTEREST
PAYMENT-{morenumber}

So felt legit for actual interest payment…

Checked with the link FV is the buying price…unless i am seeing anything wrong

1 Like

Its is written in bank statement sgb interest… I have 3 quantity of SGBSEP31II purchased through secondary market… And got only 2.25 rupees… And code is written in bank statement sgb232402

You have been scammed by SGB bro

2 Likes

Ok, frankly I cannot really make out what this money is for.
But I said previously, interest for series you bought is due on 20 Mar. So I would say wait till 20th March and see if you get anything else on this.