Adani Enterprises crashes 30% after Credit Suisse stops accepting bonds

Credit Suisse has assigned a zero lending value for notes sold by Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone, Adani Green Energy and Adani Electricity Mumbai

3 Likes

Extreme panic in all adani counters F&I counters down 30%

Market now zooming ignoring this panic

Thanks for the update. Scalped a small trade in ADANIENT :slight_smile:

3 Likes

tough week fr adani

Almost 40% net worth washed

Sometimes I feel net worth based on stocks is risky

what a day. :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face: :cold_face: :cold_face: :cold_face:

Does anyone know why this stock was still trading even after crashing 30%? Isn’t the circuit limit is max 20% in India? At one point this stock was down more than 31%.

Also after hitting circuit, trading should have been blocked for the rest of the day right? But it kept on trading.

Any information on why will be helpful!

Equities with F&O contracts don’t have fixed circuit limits for the day.

1 Like

The conglomerate owns several companies with interests ranging from energy to transportation across the globe, including in Australia, where it operates the Carmichael coal mine and the Abbot Point port, which was renamed North Queensland Export Terminal.

1 Like

I see, but I saw the trading was paused for sometime (30 minutes? but not sure) when it hit -30%, does that happen with F&O stocks?

Once the lower/upper circuit for F&O stocks is reached, the revised circuit limit (+/- 5%) is opened after 15 minutes.

Note: not applicable for stocks under ASM

1 Like

What happens in case of F&O stocks under ASM?

Adani Ent in ASM as @Suyash.K rightly asked

1 Like

Now’s the turn of Dow jones sustainability index.

Good times are small pleasant tides,. Bad times are just :tornado::tornado:

It looks very unclear to me. Obviosuly, adanient still fell 30% so no limit here.

Zerodha says that for stocks under ASM, there is no leverage and MIS is disabled. Yet, i see we have 2x margin available and MIS works ( tested ).
NSE says that FNO stocks are excluded from ASM, and yet Adani stocks were added.

@ShubhS9
Can you please advise what this means? I have to manage which stocks to exclude.

Also, please check why there is delay in updating Z margin here - https://api.kite.trade/margins/equity
Its ok now, but 9 am it still showed 5X whereas equity margin calculator showed 2x. There was delay few days back too. Shouldn’t this be automated ? Problem for me is only when margin gets removed completely as then i have to remove these stocks from intraday list and send orders for other stocks instead.

https://www1.nseindia.com/invest/content/FAQs_Additional_Surveillance_Measure_ASM.pdf

From what I understood, there are different stages for ASM category stocks. Also, there are concepts of short term ASM and long term ASM.

The margin requirements for intraday were increased to 50% as compared to 20%, which is why you’re seeing the 2x margin for MIS trades.

FNO stocks can be moved to the Short Term ASM framework (circular link). There is a thread explaining about this -

These stocks were moved to Stage 1 of the Short Term ASM framework (yesterday’s circular link for reference), hence the minimum margin requirement has shot up to 50% for them. Therefore, a maximum of 2x leverage can be given for such stocks.

Will follow up with the team and get the above support article updated with this information.

Note - As you referred to the FAQ (Page 3), FNO stocks can’t be moved to the Long Term ASM Framework. Also, if its a non-FNO scrip and its added to ASM framework (irrespective of it being Long Term or Short Term), we won’t allow MIS in it.

3 Likes

1 Like

When GS and JP Morgan together saying something, I guess it carries a lot of weight. Shorters going to get squeezed??