All new order window on the Kite mobile app

Hi Traders,

The order window is one of, if not the most, important components of Kite. While the Kite order window was originally designed for simplicity, there was much room for further simplification. We’ve now revamped the order window to minimise the inputs you need to enter to place a trade, making the whole experience much less overwhelming for new users.

Don’t worry, though. For our advanced users, all the features that you’ve come to expect from Kite will still be available in a newer, simpler form.

Here’s a list of all the most significant changes we’re making to the order window::

1. Reducing selection to only quantity and price for orders-

Now, when you open the order window, it only displays the essential options: quantity and price. This change reflects the options most commonly used by our users.

You can now switch between Quantity/Lots/Amount using the toggle buttons instead of just Quantity earlier. Similarly, there’s an easy toggle button to toggle between market price and limit price. You can now enable the intraday order type through a toggle.

With only the basic options visible initially, additional features like Stop Loss, GTT, and validity can be accessed by clicking on the “more” option.

2. Stop Loss orders

While stop-loss orders make up a small percentage of our orders, we’ve noticed that they have higher rejection rates due to incorrect submissions. We’ve redesigned them with easy Trigger and Limit Price placement to ensure they are simple to place. You can also switch between SL and SL-M using the toggle option within the Stop Loss field.

3. Checkbox GTT

You can now enable GTT through a quick toggle, making it easy to set a long-term target and stop-loss for your holdings and positions.

4. Easy increase/decrease input

We understand that you are constantly updating the quantities/lots and prices, so we’ve changed the +/- buttons on the keypad for convenience.

How do I get access?

You can join the Kite app TradingQ&A beta program to receive this update right away. The instructions for joining the beta program have been listed in this thread.

11 Likes

Man! Again! Bring it to day traders. Day traders need the feature too. Entering amount, qty should be filled for order type MIS as well

Sorry, this got missed. Yes, we’ll make this happen in the upcoming updates.

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for making the order window easier. There is still one annoying thing when using android app.

1. When you select ‘buy’ it opens in Regular tab in order window.
  2. when you want to close it by swiping from edge using gestures, it moves to Cover tab… now swiping it back to Regular tab again makes the intraday button active.
  3. have to carefully unselect the intraday button every time this happens which is annoying…
    is there any way you could fix this, just want to do buy and sell and not intraday.

This swipe function enables users to effortlessly switch between product types without needing to tap on specific names. I think this navigation cannot be effectively managed in any other way without removing it entirely.

Hi @Arockiya_Raja
my concern is swiping to cover tab(by mistake) makes the intraday button turned on even after switching back to Regular tab.

Hi @Arockiya_Raja , you will be able to understand @GuestTrader concern better, based on the following images.

Normal Regular tab:

Regular tab after switching back from Cover tab:

Whenever we switch back from the Cover tab to the Regular tab, the intraday option gets automatically selected or activated in the regular order window.

So, if possible, u can make sure that the intraday option remains deactivated (off) when switching between the different order types.

The selection of intraday option should be manual, rather than being automatic.

1 Like

Yes, I understood in your original message only. Let me explain how the Kite app functions in this regard.

The Kite app incorporates a swipe gesture on all pages, including Marketwatch, orders, and positions. Swiping left or right will take you to the next page. This same swiping action also applies to the order window, where swiping can change the product type from regular to Cover Order (CO). Please note that CO is exclusively available for intraday trading.

Kite remembers the product type from the previous selection, meaning if you switch to CO and then return, the previously selected intraday mode will be displayed. This behavior has been consistent, even in the previous versions of the order window.

Remembering the previous product type (intraday/delivery) is a widely accepted behaviour among our users as it streamlines their experience. Manually selecting Intraday (MIS) each time would not be desirable for most users.

This functionality has been in place for over four years, and we have not received similar complaints. Introducing the ability to remember product types separately for regular, AMO, and Iceberg orders could complicate the order window and may affect the user experience.

We appreciate your feedback and rest assured, we continually strive to enhance the user experience based on user inputs.

1 Like

I totally get your point, initially my intention was just try and explain the concerns of GuestTrader better using a screenshot, just in case you did not get what he was trying to convey.

But now i understand that you had a clear understanding of his concern.

Maybe everything is designed from a trader’s perspective, so i can understand your reply in that sense.

But since we can switch between product types just by swipe gesture, it is very much possible for someone to accidentally swipe to cover order and when they switch back to regular order window, rather than being a CNC or delivery order, due to the automatic activation of intraday feature , someone might end up placing an intraday order, but their original intention would have been to place a delivery/CNC order.

Is this not a concern? Is this not even remotely possible ?

I Know the most probable answer for this would be that, the onus is on the person to be attentive and make sure that he/she checks everything before placing an order.

But for someone only looking to invest and if they are new to the platform, it would be tough on them as they would be under the wrong impression that they had placed a CNC, and may not squre off the intraday position and could lose money because of this.

I find the new order window to be confusing. Is there any way I can switch back to the old window on the app?

To handle this, we should isolate the CO product type from other product types like regular, AMO, and iceberg. The CO setting should not be remembered for other product types. This behaviour has been in place for years without complaints. We will discuss and evaluate this, and if it’s feasible to handle it, we will make the necessary adjustments.

1 Like

sorry, but switching back to the old order window is not possible. If you can provide more details about your confusion, I would be happy to assist you further.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Wish there was a way to switch off the intraday option similar to how we can turn off F&O, so that only CNC is enabled. Hope you consider this as feature request.

1 Like

For now, if you wish to disable the MIS product type in your account. Please create a ticket with your request to disable the MIS product type.

1 Like

What happened to market depth in order window? It is one of the most important data to enter the desired price.

Hi @Arockiya_Raja thanks for fixing this on latest app, long-term and intraday were also clearly mentioned seperate buttons instead of single intraday on/off switch

2 Likes

@Arockiya_Raja I think this is it. The perfect order window which both functional and minimalist. Thanks. Intraday and Longterm is clearly mentioned and I think later on MTF should also be displayed alongside these tabs.

1 Like

MTF will be a separate tab like regular and cover order.

This is available right above the limit input field.

1 Like

@Arockiya_Raja Appreciate your reply. Thanks to the team for significantly speeding up the polishes and upgrades. Great work.

↓↓↓