Anomaly in the GSEC issuance calendar of TradingQ&A(this platform) and RBI

There seems to be anomaly in the data of GSEC issuance calendar of this platform and the RBI.
According to this platform’s data, GSEC bonds(of different years) are issued every month, while the RBI data shows otherwise. For example, According to the trading Q&A calendar ,3 year bonds expiring in 2026 are issued in months April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November of 2023 while the RBI data shows that these bonds are issued only in April and October.
RBI data snap →

Not sure what is the issue. Would highly appreciate if someone could please help me out!

Thanks!

The issue calendar changes sometimes due to various reasons, holidays etc. I’m curious, is this affecting your investment decisions in any way?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is actually important.

I would like to invest relatively higher amount(according to me :slight_smile: ) in GSEC and use it as collateral for fno trading. The issue is that I am only seeing very few of these bonds listed in the approved list of acceptable collateral. So if these many(according to issue calendar) bonds are really issued, why are they not on the approved list of acceptable collateral as well as RBI. So, I suspect that this calendar is not precise. And if so, I would not be able to plan and buy bonds in future at a given time.

I am asking and researching about this because broker(Zerodha in my case) team is telling me that I can’t know for sure which of the bonds I would be able to use as collateral. So if I buy currently issued 7.33% GS 2026, they can’t guaranty that they will be accepted as collateral.That is the roadblock.

Would be grateful if could please shad some light on the issue.
Thanks!

If I recall, all G-Secs are eligible for collateral. Are any bonds missing? If so, can you share a few ISIN’s, please?

Pretty much all outstanding bonds are part of the collateral list. Let me recheck once again.

I don’t know the exact ISIN’s!
What I am trying convey here is only two 3-year bonds are issued from the RBI in 2023 and those are available as collateral(IN0020230028 and IN0020230119) which can be seen in the pic I posted initially from RBI data. But if trading Q&A data is correct, there should be more than two 3-year bonds if all G-Secs are eligible. So either that data is not precise or so many(“5” as bonds issued from May to September) issued bonds are unavailable for pledging.

And support team is telling me that they can’t guaranty that future bonds will be available to pledge. So, that affects my decision in investing in the currently issued 7.33% GS 2026.
What if I buy this and not able to pledge?

Please let me know if I can give any more clarification!

UPDATE :
I checked out again and it seems that the bonds I am referring are in fact reissued and are available to pledge. This is my first time dealing with gsec… so apologies for inconvenience.

So That give another questions :

1. How can I get ISIN or symbol of the bonds that are showing in kite (under govt. securities)?

For the current scenario, I found this out using extensive search that it is IN0020230119.

1. Where will I get the most competitive rates for investment?(in secondary market in kite or reissue by govt or RBL direct etc)

2. Are the bonds purchased from RBL direct available to pledge?

Thank you very much!

Console>holdings>instrument>view breakdown. Or you can see the RIBi list of all outstanding securities you’ve linked in your previous post.

Depends. Sometimes, you may find mispriced bonds in the secondary markets due to their illiquidity. But, I wouldn’t worry too much about this considering very few bonds trade.

No.

Got it.
Thanks a lot for your help!