Ask us anything about investing in government bonds, treasury bills (t-bills) and state development bonds (SDLs)

Add funds to your trading account.

Thanks for the reply. How much time does this usually take ? Weeks or months?
Has any Gov bond “NOT” been accepted for pledging by CC?

how? When I add funds on the kite app, does that mean they are added to my trading account?

1 Like

Yep, that’s right.

Me also looking for a satisfactory answer to this exact same question.
@Bhuvan, @cvs Can you help?

Usually happens the next month after listing.

Not really, pretty much all securities are part of the list, barring a few.

List of accepted securities: How to pledge securities to get collateral margin?

List of all outstanding G-secs: Reserve Bank of India - Database

Thanks @Bhuvan

Placed first test order. If I am able to pledge this by next month, I’ll likely do this regularly.

1 Like

This is only for new G-Secs, all the other G-Secs that are available for bidding can be pledged already.

1 Like

Technically 6 GOI Bonds needs to be identified,( spead accordingly) as interest is paid semi annually, I believe.

1 Like

bought t bill from coin, not reflecting anywhere either in kite or coin, where to look for it

Did you get the allotment? I dont think i got allotted :cry:

@Bhuvan I had tendered my bid for G-Sec last week, in coin it is still showing processed. So if the bond has not been allotted, when will the blocked amount be freed for my use? If the amount is back to my Zerodha account by tomorrow I will be able to bid again this week. Asking because tomorrow another round bidding might start, just getting myself prepared. Sorry to disturb you.

I did get an email from Coin on 12th night saying it will take 3-4 working days for the bonds to show in Demat.

The allotment should happen today because Friday was a holiday
https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/BS_PressReleaseDisplay.aspx?prid=55495

1 Like

Yes sorry 6 is the correct number, thanks for pointing that out

@Bhuvan Has the Clearing Corporation updated the latest pledge list which fresh GSec issues? What is the date when they do it every month?

Yes, the clearing corporation has updated the list and newly issued G-Secs in April, 7.06% GS 2028, 7.17% GS 2030, and 6.99% GS 2026 are approved for pledging.

This list is released by the clearing corporation by 20th of every month. Our list is updated by the end of the month.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it!!

What are the legal and regulatory frameworks governing the issuance and trading of government bonds, treasury bills, and state development bonds in India? What are the roles and responsibilities of various institutions such as RBI, SEBI, NSDL, CCIL, PDs, etc. in this market?

Hi Vijay,

Better go for Gilt fund. No need to pay tax on interest and fund manager will take good care.