Basket order feature on Kite web - Testing & Feedback

You can use Basket Order to exit your holdings as well.

1 Like

Hi Nitin sir
My question regarding basket order is that if we want to hedge position then Required margin is showing 74000 and final margin is 58000 Now for placing basket order how much amount should be available in account its 74000 or 58000. i.e if i have account balance 65000 then will it execute
Thanks & regards

Why don’t you read the thread from starting, it is explained in the beginning itself.

@shiva
I read it from starting but not mentioned any where that available amount in account should be equal to required margin or final margin so i am confused and asking you please guide me for same

Nilesh,

Margins

Required margin is what will be required to place all the orders in the basket.

Final margin is the eventual margin that will be blocked in the trading account after the order execution.

Can we import/ export the basket scripts in Excel format? I know its available in JSon format but for non-programmers, its not easy to use it.
Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Do we have an option for order slicing in Zerodha yet?

Eg: I would like to place order for 3000 lots qty of Nifty Options in one shot; instead of punching the order 46 times (ie; 45 orders of 66 lots each; and 1 order of 30 lots) and thus slipping on the price

Not available, can try baskets to place multiple orders at a time though but all will go at same time with no time gap.

1 Like

Is it not possible to add basket orders from watchlist itself. In intraday adding strikes manually every time is so time consuming.

1 Like

I have more margin than required margin still my sell order get rejected.
Pls explain why

Can you create ticket with screenshot.

Under which topic

Hi, Why is ‘Final Margin’ shown on basket order page not same as margin shown by the margin calculator (https://zerodha.com/margin-calculator/SPAN/) or ‘Used Margin’ shown on funds page?

Say I have 10 open positions, if I try to create a basket for all 10 positions it shows me total margin required as X
whereas if I use margin calculator it shows me Y.
What is shown on Funds page as ‘used margin’ is entirely different.

Why this difference?

I understand margin calculator updates once in a day and it doesnt include BUY premium but why is basket order final margin not same as funds page used margin?

1 Like

Yeah, currently 3rd leg order baskets has a obstruction, I mean 3rd leg will ask full margin to place but once completed it will block as per final only. This will be addressed in next rms update which can take few months.

@siva @ShubhS9 Why is the basket order entry is so cumbersome? have to enter 1-by-1 and if we just move away to lookup or some stupid mouse click outside, have to do start all over.

Why not provide a basket-option for any the script along with buy/sell/chart/delete option.
Basket order feature is good, but why not make it more user friendly? please dont keep good features(in the backend) unusable (in the front-end).

hope you guys can do something abt it

1 Like

No need, you can minimise basket or even if you click somewhere it will sit below in holder as shown on same page, you can click on it and start working.

Hi,

So I Cant execute 4 Legged positions as on date using Margin benifit?

@siva thanks for the suggestion. Will try it out. Meanwhile it would be a nice feature if one can fill baskets from watchlist by a click.

1 Like

Again we need to give basket name also to which it should be a part of, imagine having multiple baskets.

@nithin @siva Can you please make the basket window moveable like order window. It’s problematic when we are trying to execute an order while keeping a watching on market depth

2 Likes