Basket order feature on Kite web - Testing & Feedback

Yeah, we plan to give that.

1 Like

I don’t think Sir.

1. 12000 CE short = 2079714
  2. 12000 CE long = 2100
    Now it should consider the position hedged and reduce the required margins accordingly.

But it don’t.

I think it takes worst case scenario into consideration, wherein all sell orders get executed.
So in above example it do consider short call for hedge but do not consider buy call leg as hedge to short call and reduce overall margin

Obviously, sequence matters, in this case system check for sell order margin and assumes it is completed, then buy leg enter and assume that is also completed. Final margin is assuming both sell and buy is completed.

The overall margin gets reduced in final margin right? How can it reduce in the required margin field?

2 Likes

No no no no
This is what, that’s not happening. Sirs, see the SS again.

Order 1 - 2079714
Order 2 - 2100
Now combined margin for Orders 1 & 2 is 688464 only

Order 3 - 2006694 (as posted by @nithin)

So cumulative margins can be 2006694+688464 = 2695158

But here Order 3 gets coupled with Order 1, & we get margins of Strangle.

So instead of (Order 1 + Order 2 + Order 3) sequential logic Or (Order 1 + Order 2) + Order 3
we get (Order 1 + Order 3) + Order 2.

I got it what you are saying but to cover all these cases may not be possible for now, required margin is addition of all individual margins next to it assuming above orders of it are executed.
So, in this case your margin needed is lesser than required margin which is showing.

1 Like

@nithin Will basket get rejected by shortfall in “required margin”?

Or will it be decided step by step at execution level?

In any case give us ability to fire legs one by one on our own asap.
This will give us some control, and fiasco caused due to orders getting rejected/ errors/ margin calculation delays will be avoided.

Step by step at execution level.

Will provide soon.

@nithin @siva
Giving some improvement suggestions in UI & functionality here

1. This will reduce 2- 3 extra clicks. Increases speed as user can directly execute order

2. This is must and do it on priority.

I think it is ok, just one click is extra to edit/delete. To fire maybe it is better to see orders once before execution.

Yeah, will be added soon.

2 Likes

And to add to what @siva said, it will also be a compliance issue if we allow orders to be placed without the client knowing the actual orders being placed.

1 Like

Once basket order is executed all the position will be shown as individuals. Right ? So we can exit script whenever we want.

Right, basket is just a way to enter trade, you can do what ever you wish with positions.

I believe that is answered in main post, yes in same basket one can place all 20 orders for same instument.

Milli sec delay between each order.

Will provide option to place orders manually in coming days, that should solve it.

1 Like

Ohh! I was thinking in coming hours.
:rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@maddy_Des just added to the post above. If an order gets rejected for any reason, you can edit it and replace the order manually.

2 Likes

WOW!
I think we are going to get manual execution orders sooner now that button is already there.

@nithin @siva Thanks for this useful basket order feature.

Are we able to see the MTM Profit / Loss for each executed basket?

Also can I square off the entire basket at once?

Not as of now, this is just starting version, in coming days we will add many cool and complex features which I think will wow our clients, will take time though.

Yes, your choice.

1 Like