Bharti Airtel Limited - Rights Issue

The CAF form I downloaded mentions “DUPLICATE CAF VALID ONLY WHEN ORIGINAL” . What does this mean?

It should mean that duplicate CAF is valid only if original CAF is not used. if by oversight both are used the original CAF will stand right.

Thanks for the promt reply. One final question, after submitting form filled using ASBA, how soon does the money get blocked ? I had submitted form on Friday, money isn’t blocked yet. Is there somewhere I can check for this ? Using ICICI bank ASBA

Do not worry . in recently concluded Vodafone rights case it has been observed that asba amount was blocked much later sometime even after 4-5 days .

Thanks Sabkaview. I will wait for few days. There is some time still left for this issue.

Hello I need some clarity on what details do i have to fill out in Self certified Syndicate bank column in ASBA process.

Do i Have to put my own Bank Account Number & Branch Details in that.

I have Demat & Savings account with HDFC Bank.

And where do i submit the form.

Thanks

Download list of HDFC Bank SCSB branches from :
https://www.sebi.gov.in/sebiweb/other/OtherAction.do?doRecognisedFpi=yes&intmId=35

Fill in the account details of HDFC A/C you want to use for ASBA in CAF, and submit at one of the branches in the link above.

As per Karvy, you may submit the application to the same HDFC branch where you have the demat & SB a/c. But in my case as I did not have the demat with HDFC, local branch refused to accept the form and was advised to go the branch listed(the list of branches is in the form itself).

Tried to find out whether subscription for Bharti Airtel rights issue can be done online. Called Bharti Airtel Corporate office thro’ telephone and no reply (it is a telecom company, pathetic). Then tried their registry Karvy. I was told that there is no option to subscribe online thro’ any of the banks. This reminds me of olden days (90s) where one needs to fill up the form and spend time in the bank queues for any issue (IPOs.)
Now a days, one can open a Demat completely online and even submit IT return completely online.
Given the large retail shareholder base for a company like Bharti, online option should have been made mandatory. Either they do not have mind or have vested interest.

@snjay * Investor with who have internet banking facility (INB) on their deposit account, with transaction rights can bid on “Onlinesbi” under ASBA facility. For such investors, here is no need to submit physical application form to any branch. Internet Banking users should log on to www.onlinesbi.comand go to e-services >> Demat & ASBA services>> IPO (Equity) ASBA or IPO (Debt) ASBA option.

• Any SBI customer, who has a Savings or Current Account, can register for Internet Banking facility.
    ONLINE FACILITY in ASBA for rights is still on pilot basis .
    I have been regularly posting on VODAFONE rights thread that RIGHTS ISSUE is normally a physical process
    the original shareholder who has not renounced rights partially or fully can ONLY use ASBA facility.

I’ve tried to login to onlinesbi.com and looked under ASBA. AFAICT, that ASBA can only be used by people having a demat account with SSL (sbicap securities). How did you manage to use it? My trading accouting is with zerodha.

Where did you find the experimental ASBA link for rights issues in onlinesbi?

Thank you for the info. I do not have SBI a/c. But tried thro’ ICICI, HDFC & KVB accounts. Bharti Airtel rights issue was not available for online ASBA. HDFC bank is one of the collection bank !!!
Further, Karvy also confirmed that online ASBA was not available.
Can you please confirm it is available in “Onlinesbi”? It may be useful to someone.

@nomadcoder @snjay : it was in general not specific to a particular right issue and coincidently i have my bank account with SBI so i could log in but Airtel rights issue is not there in asba though some other ipo is listed there. it means you can apply and may not need demat account with SSL.
moreover i have been regularly posting that RIGHTS APPLICATION is normally a physical process be it asba or cheque .

IT SAYS in rights issue ASBA itself is on pilot basis !

Is it sufficient to fill the ASBA form in Internet banking? Is it necessary to send hard copy also? This is the first time for ASBA. Hence the doubt.

For this Bharti Airtel rights issue there is no option to subscribe online. One has to do it thro’ physical forms only. This looks backward considering the large number of retail investors it has.

even in VODAFONE rights there were very rare case where one could apply online . permit me to repeat again that Rights issue is a physical process and even ASBA in rights issue is on pilot basis.
no broker is involved in rights issue like buyback or d listing offer nor any broker gets commission by way of subscription as in IPO.

OK. Thanks for both of you to clear my doubt. Actually I filled up the ASBA for via Canada Bank internet banking. Amount also blocked. Now I have to take printout the acknowledge form and sent via post. Am I correct?

i do not think you need to send the acknowledgment via post to anybody .amount blocked means your application accepted .now wait for result of allotment .

OK. Thank you, Sir. This is the doubt I am having. Now clear. Thanks for your help.

@bhuvanesswazri Was Bharti Airtel rights listed in the Canara Bank ASBA? If so, you may confirm with menu path. It may be helpful for someone.