Brokerage in case of worthless expiry of option

@ShubhS9

Good evening ji!

I would be happy to know, the charges in different market condition in option trading. Like…

Q1. if I short an OTM option in NRML type and if it goes to expire worthless then I need not to square off it. Then what will be the charges in this instance. Will this expiry be considered as good as buying back the option and charge will be applicable for this?

Q2. If I short an option in MIS type, I’m bound to square off it before 3.25 pm. Otherwise RMS will do that and charge brokerage 20 + call charge 50 + GST… Right.? So In case of MIS order, in any way there will be brokerages RS 20+GST. Am I right?

Q3. If I long for any OTM option and if it goes to expire worthless then what will be charges from Zerodha’s end?

Q4. In case of expiry of any option in ITM, the exchange will debit/credit net loss/profit in my account. Apart from that will Zerodha levy any other charges?

Awaiting your kind rebuttal.

Regards.

2 Likes

For all the NRML positions that you leave to expire, (ie. don’t square-off), Brokerage is charged only on one side, when you take the position.

For MIS positions, which you have to compulsary square-off, Brokerage is charged on both sides.

1 Like