Confusion while selling options which are purchased more than the freeze Quantity

Hi,

I recently bought 10000 shares of Nifty but while selling them I started getting an error pop up saying the quantity is more than the specified. I got to know that the freeze the quantity has been set to 7500. I did not know that at that point of time that the freeze quantity has been set to 7500. The question is whether I need to reduce the quantity to 7500 while exiting and then sell the remaining 2500 shares? Do I have to do it every time I purchase more than the freeze quantity?

Is there an easy way where I will be not be needed to reduce the quantity to 7500 and then sell the remaining 2500 shares?

The problem is that I would not have purchased all 10000 shares of options at a time. I would purchase 7500 at once and then 2500 the next time but the thing is it will get averaged and show as 10000 shares at an average price.

It was not exactly 10000. Sorry about that.

My idea to solve this problem is that I will open two tabs where I will keep 7500 shares ready to sell from one tab and then 2500 shares ready to sell from the other tab. Will this work? The reason I am trying to do this is that I do not want to miss the timing.

Thanks Gautam. I understand what you are saying. I usually try doing it when buyers and sellers are around or more than 50 lakhs and when the market has a directional conviction. That day it was showing me 3.5 lakh profit but by the time I reduced the quantity and then sell the rest I missed huge profits. I did not even know I had to reduce it first so got panicked and my mind got blocked. It was my mistake. A new experience.

Thank you again for your advice.

That’s what I do every time but the orders get combined and averaged. So while selling it will be reflected as one order. Or do you mean multiple order is something different which I do not know ? Sorry, I am just getting confused.

I think there is an option where if I buy, say, 7000 shares but still be able to split it into multiple orders. I think usually huge quantity orders use that method where the original order will be huge one but it will be shown as multiples of small quantity ones in the order book. Could you tell me which option is that?

Okay. got it. I was thinking if disclosed qty option works but unfortunately it is not available in the options market.

Iceberg/Reserve order can be used for achieving this but as @Gautam mentioned this isn’t available in Zerodha Kite (should be achievable using their API. Check Kite Connect 3 / API documentation and Kite Connect developer forum).

Interactive Brokers does provide this order type (404 Page Not Found | Interactive Brokers).

To learn more about how Iceberg orders work, refer to the thread below

@Gautam It was really helpful. I have been using ‘repeat order’ feature and is really time saving. I did not know about that I will be able to customize using Kite API. I think I will start working on it with few of my friends who are good programmers. I will get back to you guys if I get stuck somewhere.
Thanks again.