Console tags (beta): Trading journal & tracking goals

Yes, in our list of things to do.

2 Likes

@siva @nithin - Is it possible to add similar kind of tag feature in Positions page. Currently we have the default tags like NRML, MIS, DAY, OVERNIGHT etc., But if we can have tags like Nifty, BankNifty or any stocks that we traded that day, that would be much helpful.

You can add on console for now.

Any progress on this (different portfolios). Tags is a useless feature for separating holdings by quantity groups. You may have your own reasons for doing creating tags feature; and not focusing on what will help your customers the most.

Ticket 20210202317568 for the issue on CSV download bug in tradebook reports… Not sure how to DM, hence posted here.

The issue with downloading CSV reports is being looked at. Regarding creating different portfolios, you can do that by tagging for now. Like Nithin explained, it can be used for a lot more analytics in the future as we plan on adding more things around Tagging feature.

Hmm… you can tag the breakdown of a holding right? Can you explain in detail what are you asking for?

Nice…The ability to select and add a set of or all of the stocks in portfolio would be nice going forward. Same with all the F&O trades.

@nithin is it possible to categorize some part of the stock as short term holding and some as long term, it would be very helpful as there are few stocks which I want to trade only in short-medium term while for some I wanted to stay invested.

Regards
Arnav

Thank you @nithin for your noticing my request…

Let me try to explain… In case I hold some stocks, eg. 20k qty of Yes Bank, and I want to mark 10k for LT, and keep remaining 10k for ST. It is easy to say that one can tag the last bought qty as ST, and the latest ones as LT. But as one starts selling the ST tagged ones (FIFO), the LT tagged qty may inadvertently get sold as well. I may have to take care of not selling the LT tags (maybe you would introduce a filter in kite, in the future while selling).

On the other hand, if you could enable a portfolio feature where I earmark a particular “qty” as say, retirement, LT, ST, etc, as in your tags example; I will see only the ones that I want to trade in my ST portfolio; and I will not end up selling my LT portfolio qty. Currently there are only small case and kite portfolios available.

“Quantity” is the key here; unlike “trades” for tags feature. Request you to enable a custom portfolio feature as well, which will help likeminded people like me to move my LT portfolio to Zerodha…

Yes, this is possible. Using the breakdown tag option you can apply seperate tags for each breakdown.

Looks like console 2.0 was not tested :no_mouth:
Earnest request to fix it quickly, as I have some basic processes using this trade data, to create a ST/LT portfolio for me in the absence of this feature in Zerodha.

Hi @ShubhS9 !!
It is not trades we want to segregate, but quantity that we want to allocate to ST/LT portfolio.
Right @Maverick_Shrader ?

Trades can come and go in a FIFO manner, and one has to keep updating tags. But if we allocate a particular qty to ST/LT portfolio, irrespective of the trades, our qty can be kept safely.

OR, are you planning to have a tag filter in the SELL window? Even that will not work, as sell will follow FIFO methodology.

1 Like

@ShubhS9

@sijick exactly it’s about the quantity. For example I bought few shares of sbi at 170 rs say, now I want to hold it for the long term. Also I want to buy few SBI shares for positional trading at say 300 rs and sell them at 450 rs, so I wanted to know is there anything to segregate this as buying at 300 rs will ruin my 170 rs average price which I wanted to keep for long term. So basically a way to seperate long term holding and average price of a stock and short term holding of the same stock without affecting the average price of any.

Hope you get my point.

I guess this is not possible as selling will follow FIFO . may be using sep account for positional and long term on same stock will help.

1 Like

I am not from Zerodha, but I think it will not be possible to keep the average price at 170 Rs, unless you have 2 demat accounts for both ST/LT portfolios. “FIFO” will remove the older stock from your portfolio with a profit of (450-170), and your average price will go up to 300. (assuming you have 1 qty each for 170 Rs and 300 Rs). This is the truth about trades anywhere.

What I am requesting Zerodha is to at least provide the feature to enable user to segregate the ST/LT qty in a separate custom portfolios; similar to the currently available small case/kite portfolios.

Another member of the forum recommended a workaround of sorts for this -

1 Like

@TheGouda,
Tag creation is not working for me. Few days back I was able to create tags. Now for some pending stocks if I try to assign tags, it says tagging in progress and I wait for couple of mins and refresh the page, but the stock is not getting tagged.

You can tag the breakdown of the stock separately (if 1 holding is acquired using multiple trades), but you can’t manually breakdown your holding into the quantity you wish. At least not for now.

1 Like