Console tags (beta): Trading journal & tracking goals

I am not from Zerodha, but I think it will not be possible to keep the average price at 170 Rs, unless you have 2 demat accounts for both ST/LT portfolios. “FIFO” will remove the older stock from your portfolio with a profit of (450-170), and your average price will go up to 300. (assuming you have 1 qty each for 170 Rs and 300 Rs). This is the truth about trades anywhere.

What I am requesting Zerodha is to at least provide the feature to enable user to segregate the ST/LT qty in a separate custom portfolios; similar to the currently available small case/kite portfolios.

Another member of the forum recommended a workaround of sorts for this -

1 Like

@TheGouda,
Tag creation is not working for me. Few days back I was able to create tags. Now for some pending stocks if I try to assign tags, it says tagging in progress and I wait for couple of mins and refresh the page, but the stock is not getting tagged.

You can tag the breakdown of the stock separately (if 1 holding is acquired using multiple trades), but you can’t manually breakdown your holding into the quantity you wish. At least not for now.

1 Like

Ah yeah, like I just explained above, you can only tag if you have a breakdown. This is on our list of things to do.

Thanks @Prayag for researching and finding out a work around.

Additional information: The cost of pledging at Zerodha is Rs 30 + GST per pledge request. There is no cost for un-pledging.

No, it won’t work that way, buy avg is calculated based on total buys, even here it follows FIFO.

2 Likes

@nithin Glad to know it is on your “to do” list !!
Have been hearing this since I joined Zerodha family (Sept 2019).

Waiting eagerly to move my LT holdings from the second top broker, whom you toppled. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Even if the trades were broken down, it will not help for the portfolio segregation use case; as I explained in my earlier post. FIFO is the spoilsport.

Even if you tag the portfolio as short and long term, FIFO will still apply. If this is about taxation, you just have to maintain a segregated portfolio separately. This tagging won’t help you for that.

1 Like

Console>Reports>Tradebook>CSV Download is still not working in “Console 2.0” How can you release a new product without testing !!

I am very upset :rage: I cannot believe you are taking so much time to enable this back again.

@nithin pls guide your team; as my processes are dependent on this csv file.

yes agree, for taxation, it makes sense to maintain different accounts. But people here want to block their holding for LT, while the unblocked ones can be traded; all the while looking at two separate holding portfolios, as we have for small case and kite.

@Nakul @TheGouda Can you.

Apologies. This is being looked at. We’ll update here as soon as it is fixed.

@nithin @Nakul @siva Although you have launched new console 2.0 i am ABSOLUTELY NOT thrilled about it as my LIQUIDBEES issue has not been fixed to date even after having a ticket open in the system for over 1 year, raising the issue here previously with you guys on tradingqna too. You can yourself view this ticket issue in your system: #20200219475171

NO RESOLUTION AND NO ONE IS EVEN CONCERNED !!

1 Like

Sorry for this, getting this checked.

Console 2.0 is good. But still 1 problem there is I can’t Download my invoices in Reports sections. As my AMC is charged in January And I Wanted to Download the Invoice of it but it’s Not Happening. Kindly Fix this issue.

Hey! This is being fixed. You should be able to download the invoices from tomorrow morning.

1 Like

THAT’S WHY I LOVE ZERODHA AND ITS SUPPORT SYSTEM. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME @nithin
THIS IS THE REASON WHY I MIGRATED TO ZERODHA FROM OLD BROKER.

My experience is totally opposite. Customer Service is not good. I am waiting for the tradebook CSV download bug to be resolved in Console 2.0