Do not Opt for new age broker like Mstock

This zero brokerage/One-time brokerage might seem very enticing at the start but once you hop on to their services you will realise how unreliable they are, here I am talking about MSTOCK I.e https://www.mstock.com/.

So many downtimes. random Logouts, very clumsy App UI.
Their web portal has one of the worst UI with broken CSS.
They still don’t have their own or have any tie-up with any of the desktop trading terminals also.

Today itself their service was down for the last 40 min and the odd thing has been the moment it hit 3:30 it started working.

Do not fall for paid post/promotion saying their service is awesome and all, stick with the broker which is there for a long time and is trusted.

2 Likes

I use Dhan, have you tried it?

1 Like

Try Dhan or Finvasia.

2 Likes

Just how many demat accounts do you guys actually have?

1 Like

only Dhan.

1 Like

Only their trade execution is quick , rest are way - beyond Zerodha , charts update is lagging, even the free Trading View chart is far better or superior than mstock TV charts, after logon ,if you are using their web portal , its gets hang!! in other words except trade execution rest of the services are far , far beyond Zerodha,

1. AngelOne - inactive
  2. Zerodha
  3. Upstox
  4. Upstox - inactive
  5. Fyers
  6. ICICI Direct
  7. ICICI Direct
  8. IBKR
  9. IBKR - inactive
  10. Fivasia - inactive
  11. Dhan - just few days back
  12. Defineedge - just few days back
1 Like

Why open so many demats? Different brokers offer leverage ? :thinking:. I don’t understand.

1 Like

Opening account is online and easy. Closing is harder than Sarkari kaam!
I opened each account at various point in time for various reasons.

2 Likes

add espresso to your collectible list. No amc.

atleast we have someone who have access to all brokers.

1 Like

I’ve account at Espresso. They charge ₹. 400 per year amc. Only first year is free

1 Like

yeah right.

Had an account with Espresso last year, didn’t like the overall platform so closed it. Though its Bracket Order feature is great as you mentioned earlier, as it doesn’t slice the orders and executes as a whole.

1 Like

First saw espresso promotion in traders carnival last year maybe. Opened it, and then left it there as the platform looked too unappealing.

Then this last couple of months only, i found it perfectly suited my needs.

And since more than 40% of my trades are losses, no brokerage on losses is a soothing lotion.

2 Likes

Finvasia is the worst. They closed my sl-l order to safeguard their money. And funnily (actually makes you very angry) that their system did not identify my UCC as impacted! It was down for one full session from about 10.00AM. They close the tickets claiming that they tried to call when I explicitly asked them not to call (fool) as they will have the record and we don’t. That is one of the main reasons Zerodha is good. Only constraint that I am not using it much is it does not allow buying first (to reduce the margin) or even let us convert the positions. Have written to their support and spoken to them as well. But did not understand their logic in letting us convert the positions after taking positions. Wish @Nithin will find time to at least explain what is the constraint.

Opened account because of the mirae asset brand. But their UI as well as logic are beyond comprehension. You can’t even exit all positions in one click! Despite an executed buy position they won’t let you sell what is permissible as per their own margin requirements. It is a really difficult UI. The most primitive app that we can imagine perhaps.

2 Likes

If you have a compliant against a broker u can raise the same here. You should get a resolution if the broker is not addressing the concern at their end.

Well u can also keep a record of the call. That piece of tech is already there in our smart phones. Just let the other party know that you are recording. Typically in my experience if a matter is not resolved over the online ticketing system, Finvasia guys call to resolve the issue.

I was a loyal zerodha user for nearly 5 yrs. I jumped ship because the cost, tech, customer support and nudges at zerodha didn’t fit me well any more and was hampering my trading activity.

3 Likes

What is there to speak. I had a short position on 13th April. I placed an SL-L order. They cancelled it when there system collapsed to safeguard there money. If there is a pure technical glitch then broker is not responsible as per our agreement and also it is logical. But “voluntary close out” remark gave them in. I raised a complaint on SEBI SCORES Yesterday but my experience is that the exchanges will always favor the broker. As a retailer I don’t have the resources to engage a lawyer and file arbitration proceedings. Also it is too expensive. Let me see how it goes. I have taken the order book, remarks, alerts on that day. Their complaints email is not working at all. I never got a response from clientsupport email id. That hopeless prism simply closes the ticket stating that they tried calling me.

They sent an email asking to report to tradesettlement email id. I did that and you know it was funny to see them reply that their system has not identified my UCC as impacted. Nothing can be farther from truth. Rotten system.

Exchanges are not under RTI. And there is no assurance that the technical glitch reported by the broker is indeed a technical glitch. SEBI mandates that the broker should report these glitches and RCA in prescribed time limits. But that is filed with the exchange and we do not know what it contains.

You will be surprised to know that we don’t have data on which broker has the least number of down times!

I understand how it feels when we are left alone in the shores to fend for ourselves. Tech always will have this Achilles heel of random failures. What is important is how the broker responds. If the broker is not responding well and you have reached out to SEBI with a valid compliant, keep at it. Everything in life that we do has a trade off. If we want something usually we will have to put time and effort towards it.

2 Likes

SHAREKHAN - CLOSED
ZERODHA - ACTIVE
UPSTOX - CLOSED
HDFC - CLOSED
AXIS - CLOSED
ESPRESSO - ACTIVE

JUST WANTED TO TRY TRADING PLATFORMS. KITE IS THE BEST :smiley:

1 Like