Dynamic Margins

Same here. I’ve decided to check only for Thursdays…

It’d take time, but if you feel like it, do check the post-August contract notes as well. I checked for Thursdays & found a few inconsistencies, though it’s nothing major…

Extra margin being blocked, forced brokerage, margin for strike prices not displaying correctly, etc…great going for Zerodha the past few months :+1:

Noticed extra brokerage on yesterday’s contract note, let’s see what’s the response on the ticket (20221111334735)…

Please post back here about this. I fear this is happening far too often. Can this only be coincidence… I worry because Brokers by nature are dishonest people.

1 Like

recently got refund of Rs. 20 after raising ticket. Amount is meagre but point is that brokerage is being charged in wrong manner. This dilutes the trust reposed in broker. Why software is charging wrong brokerage ???

Another ticket is pending for more than 7 days. First charge wrong brokerage from customers, then make them raise complaints, then make them wait for resolution and finally people would stop raising tickets itself.

2 Likes

Request @nithin to get this investigated. Can software make such mistakes or is this brain-ware?

1 Like

Earlier, margin used to get changed 3 times between the market hours, now it happens only once. So, my theory (could be rubbish) is that in their own internal system, the margin gets updated, but not in Kite for us. So, between that time & the time it gets updated for us (post 2 pm), if account is negative, their system charges higher brokerage.
Or some other bug. Or it’s taking cancelled orders into consideration as well. Could be anything, only they know, just hope that it’s not anything malicious…

In my case, naked short strangles are there. So if the account goes negative, it takes literally just one order to square off & bring it into positive territory. So there might be just one (maybe even two, whatever) case of Rs 40 being charged, whereas it’s much higher, and it’s happened multiple times…

what about IGST on 20 Rs , that should also get reimbursed?

I also see some discrepancy of around 11 orders extra change over this year . Didn’t raised it as its very small amount but i think this has to be investigated for sure. Any bugs needs to be resolved. I am not sure any audits happens around this or any reconciliation ?

Dear Sir, I have traded all 11th Nov Expiry currency contracts on 11th Nov. My margin was positive on 12.30 PM. It became -300 on 3 PM and when I checked on 4.30 PM it is showing -6.67 Lakhs. I cannot exit any position, because all the options expired at 12.30 PM. Why this margin anomaly came all of a sudden? Will I be charged any penalty for the same? I have not done any hedged position exit or similar kind of trade. No Equity FO trades and no trades other than expiry trade.

1 Like

Update: Revised entries are posted to ledger.

1 Like

another brokerage refund after 12 days of raising ticket :yawning_face: :yawning_face:. this time with IGST.

you guys please keep on checking contract notes on regular basis for brokerage charges. saavdhaani hati durghatna ghati.

1 Like

Twice I was given the usual ‘we’re looking into this’ reply, and today after 11 days, the ticket was closed with the reason that extra brokerage is charged when the account goes into negative, which I myself mentioned in my initial statement. @Nithin,

a) first your faulty system is charging extra brokerage and then one can’t even get it refunded even after raising a ticket. This is extremely disappointing.

b) I genuinely think that the customer support job could be done by bots in most cases…

1 Like

Apologies, @SachinSingh

Getting this checked.

i placed last order at 12:28 PM on 10 Nov…at dat time.my margin was not negative…so…how extra brokerage can be charged.
In addition…I added…extra 1 Lac…wen margin got briefly negative at 2:30 PM…
So, Please resolve my issue, Ticket No: #20221111221953 – Excess Brokerage Charged-Trade Date: 10 Nov

In addition: I am facing repeated issue…same issue…i raised in this forum on 18 Oct…and raised Ticket : #20221014767421 – trade date : 14 Oct

Please call…and resolve my issue

1 Like

Getting this checked.

Brokerage calculation is wrong almost everyday. Raising ticket is of no use because we will get standard answers with a link to FAQs on how brokerage is calculated.
I thought raising the issue with mods here privately would help. Well. I Did it on Friday and still didn’t get an answer. I was told that it will be solved by Monday. The brokerage mismatch of one account is taking so much time? This is the first time I ever checked brokerage after reading some post of some users. And straight away I find mismatch. So now should I check for the last 5 years. I have started losing trust I had on zerodha slowly now.
Yesterday again extra brokerage is charged. Now I don’t even feel like raising the issue.
For 20 to 80 rupees everyday we should raise tickets? Why can’t the faulty system be fixed.

@Meher_Smaran I thought texting you privately would solve the problem. But other than your assurance I do not get anything else there.

@nithin Am sure you are aware of the brokerage mismatch which many are complaining. Why don’t you switch to old system of brokerage until this bug is fixed?

4 Likes

@nithin at this point the only thing that can hurt your business majorly is stuff like this. And the whole world wants to see the mighty fall, so please do your best!

1 Like

I have said this before too. I like zerodha and very comfy here. But such things happening, I have started considering my alternatives.
They are really testing our patience.
I know me leaving wont make much difference, but eventually many will.
The problem right now is not many are checking brokerage calculation. I am one of them. I checked only 2 times so far in last 5 years. And both the times there was excess charged.

Now I have to get a staff to check for last 5 years.

1 Like

Trust is already lost because even if it’s a genuine system error, it’s clearly not fool proof since so many people are complaining about it.

So @nithin, why can’t the brokerage be reverted back to Rs 20 while the bugs are being removed? This time the amount wasn’t too high, but in the future, Zerodha might implement some feature where we’re being duped of a larger amount and we’ll not even get to know.

And the number of people complaining about this would definitely be much more if everyone checked their contract notes, which understandably, people don’t.

Same. The worst part is the waste of time. First you check the contract, then raise a ticket (#20221111334735 & #20221125127248), then your ticket gets closed with a generic reply, then you have to raise it on the forum, and despite all this, it’s still hasn’t been refunded. The incompetency is almost comical…

Again, if there’s so much hinderance for an amount which really is small, what will happen in the future if some big amount is supposed to be refunded?

1 Like

@nithin : Will request you to look into this extra brokerage defect in the system on priority .Lot of people punch hundreds of order in multiple account its practically impossible to verify contract report every day. Its matter of trust! This defect should be fixed asap.

Even sending private texts to mods here is of no use. I didn’t want to put it in public here. And you are raising tickets to get this sorted. We all know the type of replies we get there.