Everything you need to know about merger of Tata Coffee with Tata Consumer Products

Tata Coffee Limited (TCL) and Tata Consumer Products Limited (TCPL) announced the merger of their businesses which became effective from January 1, 2024.

As part of the scheme of arrangement, the plantation business of Tata Coffee Limited will be demerged into a separate entity known as TCPL Beverages and Foods Limited (TBFL), while the remaining business of Tata Coffee Limited will be merged into Tata Consumer Products Limited.

The company has set January 15, 2024, as the record date to determine the shareholders of Tata Coffee to whom shares of Tata Consumer Products will be allotted. You can check the announcement here.

As a result of this, the shares of Tata Coffee Limited will be suspended from trading on the stock exchanges from January 15, 2023, onwards and the shares will not reflect in your holdings on Kite.

As per the scheme of arrangement, shareholders of Tata Coffee Limited will get:

• 1 share of Tata Consumer Products for every 22 shares held for demerger of TCPL Beverages and Foods

• 14 shares of Tata Consumer Products for every 55 shares held for the merger of Tata Coffee with Tata Consumer Products

When will I receive shares of Tata Consumer Products?

Generally, the credit of shares can take between 30 - 45 days from the record date. You’ll receive an email from CDSL once the shares are credited to the demat account.

When will the allotted shares start trading on the exchanges?

After the credit of shares, the company has to get approval from the exchanges to list the shares. Post the approvals are received the shares will start trading on the exchanges.

What if I hold less than 22 and 55 shares of Tata Coffee?

Even if you are holding less than 22 and 55 shares of the company, you are entitled to receive shares of Tata Consumer Products. For example, if you hold 10 shares of Tata Coffee, you will get:

• For the demerger of TCPL Beverages and Foods (The ratio is 1 share for 22 shares held), you are entitled to get 0.4 shares (1/22 = 0.04 * 10). Since this results in fractional entitlement. In this scenario, payment for fractional shares will be credited to your primary bank account.

• For the merger of Tata Coffee with Tata Consumer Products (The ratio is 14 shares for 55 shares held), you will get 2.5 shares (14/55 = 0.25 * 10). 2 shares will be credited to your demat account, while for remaining 0.5, the payment will be credited to your primary bank account.

When will I receive the amount for fractional entitlement?

If there is any fractional entitlement, the equivalent amount will be directly credited to your primary bank account after the trustee appointed by the company sells the shares.

8 Likes

I can not buy this on Monday? :disappointed: why such immediate action?

What if anyone hold less than 10 shares of TCPL

3 Likes

you will get cash credit of fractional entitlement in about 60 days .

3 Likes

Proportionate allotment plus cash credit if result in fractional share .

I had 1 share but i forgot to sold.
What about my money

1 Like

you will get cash credit of 0.3 fractional share of Tata consumer . all such fractional shares will be transferred to a trust appointed which will club and sell at nse/bse and net realization from broker will be given as cash credit to erstwhile fraction holders . this process take about 60 days @Anand77

Hi- If I hold 100 shares in Tata Coffee, will I get 30 shares or will there be fractional shares from the 2 different consolidations?

@ShubhS9 please guide above query ? Clarity required if it will be straight 3 on 10 or there will be fractional share due to 2 schemes involved 1 Demerger 2 Amalgamation

@ShubhS9 if you can put some calculation, it would be helpful.

I have 20 shares of tata coffee …so what no. of share i will get or I’ll get fractional share amount?

1 Like

Same I had 7 shares and was holding. Now the amount is not visible in my portfolio

1 Like

What if I hold less than the given no. Or shares of Tata coffee ?? Where is my money?

1 Like

I have 333 tata coffee shares. I bought it at 260 and i was in gains of 32% . So, how many shares of Tata consumers will i receive? and when will it credited in my demat account? . Will my all gains wiped out?

I am having ten shares of Tata coffee.then what about it. Please let get me clear about my 10 Tata coffee share

If I get 1 Tcpl share for 22 then I am in loss, why such a partiality as compared to the one who has 55 shares and will get 14 shares for the same. Why isnt the transfer proportionate?

Hi,

I had 78 shares of tata coffee can you please help me with how the allocation of shares would work?

Tata coffee ke mere share the kuch uska profit. ???

I had 50 shares of Tata Coffee. What will be the adjustment?

It will be sold in open market and credited to your account as cash