Everything you need to know about restrictions on new investments in international mutual funds and ETFs

I tried and I am able to create weekly SIP again on
Franklin India Feeder - Franklin U.S. Opportunities Fund and
DSP World Mining Fund.
Coin is not showing it as AMC SIP.
What happened is it right? Will my newly created SIPs be cancelled again ?

Hi @Bhuvan, I’m sure your team is working on this. Can you please share an update as this is time-critical?

If it is not possible to create AMC SIP on the coin by today’s cut-off time, please let us know, so that, we can try opening SIP with PPFAS directly. Thanks.

The Parag Parikh sip will only include Indian stocks for now. There is no importance to this fund in that case. Only makes sense to invest once the international fund limit increases.

On another note, it seems the weekly sip will be converted to monthly amc sip but not sure of the timelines. This as per my discussion with the Zerodha service agent on call.

Dont understand how weekly SIP can be converted to Monthly SIP, which date?, how much amount? who decides all this?

True! I am interested PP Flexi for international investments ONLY.

Hi @Bhuvan, I think we all deserve an update on this as this is a time sensitive event. If there is a problem in AMC SIP for weekly/15 days please let us all know so that we can try other options.

@Suraj_Invests What is the source of this info. If they will not invest in international equities they would have mentioned it in their notifications.

Hi Team,

I am not getting option to create AMC SIP in PP Flexi Cap Fund. Although I have created normal monthly SIP, Would that be converted to AMC SIP?

1 Like

@Gaurav_Bhandari - dont think that’s right information, no mention in email from them, it says to stop the in-flow. If portfolio scheme goal has to be changed, there will be separate notification.

1 Like

Same problem. Weekly SIP in PPFAS. Got canceled. Don’t see the option to set up AMC SIP in Coin.

Just 3 hours left for the cutoff of 2 pm, 1st Feb.

1 Like

Yes @Ambrulz…that is what I thought. There would have been a separate communication if this was the case.

1 Like

Got this reply from Zerodha Support.

We would like to inform you that you can create new [AMC SIPs] by Feb 1st, 2 PM. We are working on this and shall be live shortly.

1 Like

Refer to this tweet from Parag Parikh

1 Like

I questioned this to the Zerodha agent. He wasn’t sure and would arrange for a call back with clarity. He mentioned, it is in the process of being converted to monthly amc sip.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, folks. This was quite tricky for us in the backend. We’ve deleted all weekly, fortnightly, and quarterly SIPs in PPFAS. If you still want to continue investing, please create a regular Coin monthly SIP before 1 PM and we’ll migrate to an AMC SIP.

Note: Please create it before 1 PM.

1 Like

@Neelesh Can you please let us know if we can create weekly / 15 days sip or only monthly sip can be translated to AMC sip later?

Nope, you can only create a monthly SIP.

1 Like

Thank you very much :raised_hands:

FYI, check Everything you need to know about restrictions on new investments in international mutual funds and ETFs - #57 by Neelesh

Thanks for clarifying @Neelesh , I have created the monthly SIP in coin, will be waiting to migrate those to AMC SIP.

1 Like

What happens to my weekly sip funds if I don’t create monthly SIP? Would I have to redeem it or it will be paused and the p&l keeps updating? Without international stocks this fund isn’t of any importance and I wouldn’t want to create monthly SIP until the limit thing gets sorted by rbi / sebi. @Neelesh @Bhuvan

1 Like