Everything you need to know about Shriram Transport Finance Corporation rights issue

Shriram Transport Finance Corporation will issue Right Entitlements (REs) to anyone who held its shares as on July 10, 2020. These REs will be temporarily traded on the stock exchanges and will then be extinguished. You can either use the REs to apply for the rights shares of Shriram Transport Finance Corporation or you can sell them directly.

You can check the announcement from the company here.

Issue details
Ratio 3:26
Issue Price ₹ 570
Issue Period July 16, 2020 to July 30, 2020
RE Trading Perioduly July 16, 2020 to July 24, 2020

How to apply for the Shriram Transport Finance rights issue?

Once you either receive the REs from the company or purchase it from the market, you will need to apply for the rights shares using Netbanking ASBA. You can check the process in this post . You can verify your entitlement on the website of the Registrar & Transfer Agent . The website will not be live until the issue opens.

You will need to enter your demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying either on the RTA’s website or through your bank.

राइट्स शेयर श्रीराम ट्रांसपोर्ट का ₹100 में क्यों दिखा रहा है क्या लेना चाहिए थोड़ी जानकारी दें कृपया

how to apply for STF. right issue ??

Did you read the post above?

1 Like

100 is the premium you are paying to the shareholder who is renouncing his rights and selling them to you. RE isn’t a stock, you will have to use RE’s to apply for rights shares of Shriram Transport Finance.

After the trading period of RE’s ends on 24th July, if you have RE’s you will have to apply for rights shares equal to RE’s you have and pay Rs. 570 per share on application, the window for applying for rights shares is open until 30th July.

If you think the company’s stock has the potential to rise you can apply. what you want to do is up to you and your analysis.

1 Like

Presently i do not have any shares of Shriram Transport but i want to apply for RIGHT ISSUE Price of Rs.570. I have purchased 250 shares of SRTRANS-RE-BE 250 nos today ie 22nd July 2020. After 24th if i apply through netbanking shriram transport rights issue shares for 250 nos will i will be getting all the 250 shares? is it the correct procedure? pls repond sir…i am the first time investor in stock markets…and to Zerodha

Yes, you will be eligible to get 250 shares. If your bank supports, you can apply via Net Banking ASBA as well and process is similar to applying for IPO, you can read this post to know the process in detail.

I bought 1300 Shriram Transport RE shares on Thursday (Jul 23). I got to know i cant sell through trading and as trading period ends today.

I have brought through Zerodha and using HDFC account.

What is the next step i need to do ? Before what date

I am very panic now

Could you please help me on this

Next step is explained here. You will have to apply before 30th July.

How to apply for the Shriram Transport Finance rights issue?

Once you either receive the REs from the company or purchase it from the market, you will need to apply for the rights shares using Netbanking ASBA. You can check the process in this post . You can verify your entitlement on the website of the Registrar & Transfer Agent . The website will not be live until the issue opens.

You will need to enter your demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying either on the RTA’s website or through your bank.

Sir If am not subscribe for right issue what will happen ?

If you don’t subscribe for Rights Shares, you will lose all the money you paid to buy RE’s.

Sir, so I need to buy 1300 * 570 in their portal or bank to buy shares .

Am I right, I bought 1300 RE shares

Right.

Is there any cancellations from brokerage end and they refund me?

Cancellations of what? Couldn’t understand what you are saying.

I mean, the 1300 RE shares bought through Zerodha. Just asking you sir any chance that Zerodha cancel the RE and refund that amount

This is not possible.

i can buy the rights issue share today 24th July or is there a window to buy. like start and end time for it please.

Kindlly advice. Thanks

If you want to buy RE’s, you can’t buy them anymore as markets have closed and so has trading window for RE’s. Today was last day of RE Trading Window.

If you have RE’s and want to apply for Rights Shares, you can apply anytime until 30th July.

Sir , can we apply for Right Shares through HDFC NetBanking? I bought yesterday and when it ll be reflected to my order book