Everything You Need to Know About the Paytm IPO

Paytm’s mega IPO will be opening for subscription on 8th November. The Rs. 18,300 crores public offering will be the largest IPO ever in India, eclipsing Coal India’s Rs. 15,500 crore IPO back in 2010.

About the company:

Paytm is India’s leading digital financial services company that offers full-stack payments & financial solutions to consumers and merchants. The company provides services such as;

Payment Services; which include online bill payments, mobile top-ups, and money transfers amongst others.

Commerce and cloud services; include ticketing, travel, entertainment, gaming, food delivery, ride-hailing, and more.

Financial services; such as mobile banking, lending, insurance, and wealth management.

Paytm’s public offer comprises a fresh issue of equity shares aggregating up to Rs. 8,300 crores and an offer for sale of equity shares aggregating up to Rs. 10,000 crores from existing shareholders.

A snapshot of Paytm’s Key Financial and Operational Performance Indicators:

Financial Year Ended Revenue (₹ Crores) Loss for the period (₹ Crores) EPS (₹)
March 2019 3,579.70 -4,225.60 -74
March 2020 3,540.70 -2,942.40 -49
March 2021 3,186.80 -1,701.00 -28
Three months ended June 2020 649.40 -284.40 -5
Three months ended June 2021 948.00 -381.90 -6

For more information, you can check out the IPO Prospectus filed by the company.

Can a loss-making firm launch an IPO?

Yes, it can. However, the portion of the IPO reserved for the retail category changes from the usual 35% to 10% of the overall issue size. We’ve covered the details in this post.

IPO Details:

Issue Period 8th November to 10th November 2021
Price Range ₹ 2080 to 2150 per share
Minimum Bid Quantity 6 and in multiples thereof
Finalisation of Allotment 15th November 2021
Initiation of Refunds 16th November 2021
Credit of Shares 17th November 2021
Listing Date 18th November 2021
Mandate end Date 25th November 2021

How do I apply to the Paytm IPO?

You can apply for the Paytm IPO using any supported UPI app by following two steps:

• Enter your bid on Console

• Accept UPI mandate on your phone

On acceptance of the mandate, the bid amount will get blocked in your bank account. Click here to learn more.

How do I check the allotment status for Paytm IPO?

You can check the allotment status for the Paytm IPO on the website of the Registrar and Transfer agent. Alternatively, you can also check the allotment status on the NSE website.

What are your thoughts on the Paytm IPO? Will you subscribe?

• YES
  • NO

0 voters

1 Like

Kotak securities is advertising its platform on zerodha platform .Good

what is the price ?

Not known yet. Price band and other details will be released once IPO is scheduled for launch.

Coming soon!! Paytm just received approval from SEBI for IPO:

Paytm raised over 8000 crore from anchor investors… about 45 percent of the entire issue… so there certainly seems to be high demad as expected but grey market premium currently is only around 125…

Hai sir
My demat a/c is linked with south indian bank a/c
But applying upi id using bhim upi id linked to south indian bank,the application itself is getting rejected within Zerodha itself though upi id is verified.
So I have been using my icici bank upi id for applying ipo generated using icici bank’s mobile app i.e imobilepay.Have received mandate request all the times so far.But I haven’t received any ipo allotment yet.Heard using 3rd party upi will lead to rejection of ipo
Will me using icici bank upi id though demat a/c linked to south indian bank will be treated as 3rd party?

You can make IPO application using any bank account which is in your name. It need not be linked to your trading account.

The allotment date for Paytm IPO is 15th November.