Weekly Trading Diary: 8th to 12th November 2021

A thread for discussing all your trades, strategies, ideas, news, stories etc.

A look back at what the markets have been up to in the past week.

Both Sensex and Nifty ended the week higher by 1.28% and 1.39% each after posting losses in the previous two weeks with all the sectors finishing the week in green.

Untitled

Percentage of Nifty 500 stocks above 200 and 100 DMA.

Here’s what the global markets have been up to:

Things to look forward to in the coming week:

IPOs:

Paytm’s much anticipated IPO, India’s largest-ever will open for subscription on 8th November with another two following suit, Sapphire Foods (9th November) and Latent View Analytics (10th November).

IPO Period Price Rance Quantity
Paytm 8th November - 10th November ₹ 2080 to 2150 per share 6 and in multiples thereof
Sapphire Foods 9th November - 11th November ₹ 1120 to 1180 per share 12 and in multiples thereof
Latent View Analytics 10th November - 12th November ₹ 190 to 197 per share 76 and in multiples thereof

Top earnings releases:

Aurobindo Pharma 8th November
Britannia Industries 8th November
Bosch 9th November
M&M 9th November
Power Grid 9th November
Bank of Baroda 10th November
Zomato 10th November
Grasim Industries 11th November
Tata Steel 11th November
ZEEL 11th November
Coal India 12th November
Hero MotoCorp 12th November
Hindalco 12th November
ONGC 12th November

What are you looking forward to in the coming week?

3 Likes

Applying for Latent or will buy on listing day for some listing gains. Analytics services such as data and analytics consulting, business analytics & insights, advanced predictive analytics, data engineering, and digital solutions are hot right now. The company provides services to blue-chip companies in Technology, BFSI, CPG & Retail, Industrials, and other industry domains.

Possibly the most Attractive GMP amongst new listings.

Want to really have nothing to do with PayTm, the offer is bloated and really the only thing peddled is hype and hope. But as they say never swim against hype. Will be hard to be on the fence with this once. But I guess i’ll stay there.

1 Like

On Wednesday I sold ABFRL NOV 320CE 270PE 240PE
Got 18200/- exited today 5% ROI in 4days. Which is more than enough

Exit trade when you are already in good profit !

[image|231x500]
(upload://eoTYxA8aSslNMS38lOZ4gLHLTKo.jpeg).

1 Like

Came out smoothly as per plan, Nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

MRF: Q2 NET PROFIT 1.8B RUPEES VS 4B (YOY)
EST: 2.7B

MISSES YOY
MISSES ESTIMATES

MRF: Q2 EBITDA RUPEES 5.12B VS 8.54B (YOY); || Q2 EBITDA MARGIN 10.60% VS 20.41% (YOY)

POOR EBITDA AND LOWER MARGINS

MRF RECOMMENDED DIVIDEND 3 RUPEES

MRF - one share price 79000 But dividend 3 Rupees :joy::joy:…it’s worth ?

1 Like

Sharing some Open Positions I entered in the last few days.

November 18th :

November 25th :

ITC support at 220 :

1 Like

Hi @MarginCaller thank you for posting. Your ITC strategy, I do with call options. Is there any particular advantage doing it with PE?

1 Like

Hi Ravi. No just used PE since it was at support, no other reason. Same can be done with CE as well if one is certain its going up. Which is it for now :slight_smile: :+1:

Thank you @MarginCaller .
I experienced that liquidity is better in CEs compared to PEs in stock options, hence using call options.
Yeah, it should go up but not too much up (big slide waiting there :grinning:)

1 Like