Everything You Need to Know About the TCS Buyback

I have followed console → corporate actions and Now "Order recived " in yellow come infront of TCS .What is confirmation of my shares bid for buyback ,as I havent recived any TPIN /OTP /MAIL for confirmation ?

Kapil, you’ll receive an email once the bids are submitted to the exchange. The CDSL TPIN authorization is required only if you’ve not submitted the POA.

Why is the buyback end date 16th March on console when the company says that the end date is 23rd March?

If I have TCS shares pledged for LAS and don’t want to un-pledge them as yet, can I buy additional shares in the market and tender them for buyback?

How do I know how many shares of mine are eligible for buyback? I still haven’t received any email from the company.

Thanks a lot in advance!

No. of Equity Shares that I held on the Record Date is 40
Buyback Entitlement in terms of no. of Equity Shares is given as 5.

In the buyback portal on Zerodha console, is it valid to give a number greater than 5?

If I understood correctly, 5 is always ensures and anything greater is left to the discretion of the company.

so can I tender all 40 shares I hold?

Yes, you can tender all the 40 shares. Those shares not accepted will be credited back to your demat account.

Can I give 2 share of Tcs holding form 1 year ?
Apple for it

Did you get any eligibility email?

I am eligible retailer with 44 TCS share in my DEMAT before record dat. I have received Letter of offer, Transfer Deed etc docs from TCS. Acoording to it I am entitled to tender 6 Share only. My questions:-

1. I understand that I can tender the TCS share though Console-> Corporate action. Is that enough or do I also need to submit all the documets sent by TCS in hard copies to them. Kindly confirm.
  2. I am intending to tender all 44 shares against entitlement of 6shares with the though of higher acceptance ratioo. Whatever shares (beyond my entitlement of 6 shares), if accpeted by TCS, will that be on offer price of 4500 or Market price at that time ? Kindly clarify.
    Thanks in advance.

Doing through console is sufficient. Filling up hard copies of documents is not required if you are applying electronically (through console)

Whatever shares accepted, 6 or higher than that, will be at price of 4500. So if your 10 shares are accepted, remaining 34 returned to your demat and you will be paid 45,000 (minus STT and other charges as applicable)

Hope this helps.

You just need to place the bid on Console. You don’t have to submit any additional documents.

All the shares accepted in the buyback will be at the offer price of Rs. 4500 and the payment will be credited directly to you primary bank account. The unaccepted shares will be credited back to your demat account.

1 Like

I have in my portfolio 2 NOS of TCS stocks and were purchased well before record date . But entitlement shows zero as acceptance ratio is 1 out of 7. Can I participate with 2 stocks?

You can participate and try your luck. If they do not accept, the shares will be returned back.

1 Like

You may also lose the 20INR + GST you pay to Zerodha for buyback order. :rofl:

After applying for buyback but before offer window closes, can I sell my TCS shares on day T and buy it back on day T+1 for harvesting the tax loss opportunity?

The money which we will be getting after buyback is tax free. Right?

@ShubhS9 i sold the tcs share yesterday i am buying today ----where to apply after 16 march ? Consol last date showing today

Another window will be opened once this one closes at 6 PM.

1 Like

Yes, there is no tax on the shareholder.

I am having issues with tendering for buyback with another broker. Can I transfer the shares to Zerodha and apply for buyback from here?