Everything You Need to Know About the TCS Buyback

This is not possible. You will have to tender the shares from the same demat account where shares were held as on record date.

Status “Order recieved” is still same ,despite offer ended at 6pm today.When shares will be tendered to exchange ?

Where did you see the status ‘order received’?

I placed the order yesterday but I didn’t get any confirmation. The corporate actions page says ‘no bids’ next to TCS.

Is New windows will continue to open till 23rd March ? Right now its showing 17 March - whats the benifits of. These windows ?

i dont see my holdings in Kite/Console/corporate actions.
i had tendered all of my shares, and order was received earlier.

now its disappeared everywhere…

Got a notification from Zerodha saying that the shares will not be visible on Kite after placing the order. Indeed, my shares are not visible today which probably means that the order was accepted. However, an email confirmation would be nice.

The buyback order for TCS placed until 16th March has been placed at the exchange and shares have been debited from the demat account. Your TCS holdings will be reduced by the number of shares tendered and will not reflect in Kite and Console holdings.

Hey Kranthi, the buyback order for TCS has been placed at the exchange and shares have been debited from the demat account. Your TCS holdings will be reduced by the number of shares tendered and will not reflect in Kite and Console holdings.

OK got it, Thanks, any idea when we will know how many got accepted out of tendered shares when will they reflect in our kite holdings.

true email would have been ideal…

The tentative date for credit of payment for accepted shares/credit of unaccepted shares to demat account is 1st April.

I want to know the tax implications for TCS buyback in terms of filling taxes. I can see it was mentioned that any shares which TCS accepts as buyback will be tax free. I want to know if I would still need to declare them as part of income in my tax returns this year.

Eg I have bought 21 shares of tcs at 3750 and suppose 3 shares are accepted as part of buyback. So I would have a profit of 750*3 = 2250 and rest 18 shares will return to my demat account. Would I have to declare this profit as income or any other category in my ITR filling for financial year ending March 31st?

I currently am a salaried individual and use ITR -1 to fill my taxes. So would that mean I will have to fill ITR-2 instead to declare this profit (I have no other selling of shares this financial year apart from tcs buyback) ?

Received a confirmation email from Zerodha along with the order ID and the likely date for the credit of funds/ return of shares.

When do we have to authorise by tpin and otp?
I have already submitted the application on console.

TPIN and OTP is asked immediately after you submit the bid. If you’ve submitted POA, CDSL authorization is not needed.

Well then I must have authorised immediately. I do not remember. But I received the confirmation that the bid is received. Thanks anyways.

In console the offer end date shown as 21 march?

The TCS buyback orders will be collected between March 8, 2022 and March 23, 2022. While you see the offer end date as March 21, we will reopen the order window on 21st until March 23.

1 Like

What if one has less than 7 shares?
e.g. suppose I own 3 shares, then how it would be wise/useful to surrender 2 of them?

You can try your luck by giving them for buyback. Even if you don’t get allotted, you will only lose the fee you pay for placing the bid.

2 Likes