Foreign investor shorting record high

@Jason_Castelino is a different level trader.

Yeahhhh. Booked around 10percent of longs at 17300 and today around 30 percent of my longs at 17820 and sold 17800 put for May.
Next stop is at 18k. Another 10 percent will be booked here. Already sold call of 18k and 18500 for next month.

Nah man. I just buy on dips and sell at rallies. Cash secured puts and covered calls. That’s it.
I play the game of probability. That’s it.

2 Likes

Cool as a cucumber. But what you do is not easy.

2 Likes

HI @Prakashsingh ,

Where do we get this type of data? Any particular platform, other than Twitter.

thanks.

I majorly keep a track on investment analysts on twitter, substack reading their newsletters and ofcourse, the reports published by fund houses which are either available on their respective websites or some good whatsapp or telegram group.

I manage it mostly through twitter. I’ll share the links here if I find anything resourceful.

1 Like

Thanks man​:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

His profile says Keep it simple but he uses very complex strategies

What’s complex for us is really simple for him. As said before he is different level trader. One thing i have observed is 99% of his trades are cash secured. And yeah he makes boatloads of cash.

When did I even put this up in my profile? Lol. I read your post yesterday and I didn’t even know you were talking about me.
Does this come by default. I usually never put up such things. :rofl::rofl:
If I have to put up one caption on Instagram I think 100 times.
Anyways it’s there in my profile. :grimacing:

I buy at dips, sell at rise. From 17800 we fell to 16800. I bought because we would get some rebound. And now we got 1000 points rally I started selling. That’s all that I do. It’s just that I use options to do the same. So even if my direction is not right I keep eating premium. I have told before, I don’t believe in technical. Yes. It may work. But that’s not for me. I have no stop losses because my puts are cash secured. Call are covered.
Still you find it complex, then may be it is.

1 Like

Sacrilege! All the technical analysis artists are offended.

Hahahaa. I don’t believe in it. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. My problem is I can’t trigger stop losses the way they do. So it’s my problem.
They will also call me crazy for the way I don’t keep stop loss.

Intraday, my main edge comes from stopping out.

Understandable. For positional trades, how can you possibly use them. It really isn’t in your hands.

Nope. It’s just this

In US markets atleast, i have heard that stop losses can actually hurt trading performance for some types of systems because of Mean reversion. They might use portfolio level stops instead. So there is no blind belief that stops must be used in TA. All that matters is that we control our risk and stay in game. They do work in India/systems i trade.

Cash secured puts in nifty means do you take delivery of niftybees for the same value? In stocks i understand you can take delivery of the stock and then write the calls and make some more.
I dont understand how to do cash secured puts and covered calls in nifty and banknifty.

i know, it just cracks me up sometimes. When i see folks going overboard with 30 different things covering their charts, it looks like undecipherable modern art.

He’s an HNI CA. So its obvious

indices are cash settled. So, this simply means you have/hold the notional value of your shorts in cash/ bees.

1 Like

Yeah, i think there are many on this forum who have trading account size of 1cr+ easy-peasy.

Okay this made some things clear now for me. Thanks.