Foreign investor shorting record high

Those who are doing this will know with time that such modern art doesn’t work in real world trading over a fair number of trades. Simple lines tend to work better than complex art.

Why use artwork when you already have efficient market pricing. Just look at option prices and you’ll not only know the estimated moves but also precise probabilities of those moves.

HI @Prakashsingh ,

Can you share some of the Twitter handles here?
Want to take a look.

one more question:
You shared a chart that implies short build-up is increasing. The information was shared on Twitter and again shared by you here on trading Qna.
Now everyone knows that and many start building shorts positions.

1. Do you think that this is a possible trap for retailers? (everyone on Twitter can’t be trusted and we do not their intent in sharing that information)

2. How you are going to use this piece of information shared by you?

sorry if I wrongly interpreted the information shared by you.

If I am wrong then please correct me.

thanks.

I am doing systematic trading with technicals in auto mode. I don’t do or want to do screen watching. What technicals do is that it gives out probabilities and system metrics via backtesting. Objective results and metrics help in long term attachment to a process.

If this is working out pls share your long term pnl. Proof is only in the pudding.

Pretty much made all my money in the last 6years doing this. Yeah, no way in hell I’m sharing my p&l😂

I can confirm this strategy works. I too use the same - not just is it profitable but also stress free.

via option chain? just prices or oi volume things like that?

I only look at option chain OI &bid-ask to check for liquidity. Everything else is reflected in the pricing. All the math, 1st,2nd and higher degree derivatives can be calculated using price if needed.

2 Likes

Am an objective guy. I need to see the pudding. But its k if you don’t want to share.

In % relative to capital how much from this strategy ?

well, what i said wasn’t subjective. It’s straightforward math, that’s your pudding.

The pudding am looking for is pnl. Lot of theories going around. Need to see practical results.

100% of my revenue is from exploiting this inefficiency.

Look at the option chain and guess the spot price - is the biggest clue I can give for starters! If the derived spot price and actual spot prices are different then few of options are quoting wrong prices.

The downside is you need lot of calculations done in quick time and meanwhile the inefficiency should remain intact !

If you don’t mind I was looking for the ROI in %.

Less than 15% ROI

K thanks

Apr-21 10%
May-21 18%
Jun-21 13%
Jul-21 -8%
Aug-21 2%
Sep-21 3%
Oct-21 1%
Nov-21 -1%
Dec-21 8%
Jan-22 10%
Feb-22 12%
Mar-22 0%
Apr-22 1%
May-22 1%
Jun-22 9%
Jul-22 13%
Aug-22 2%
Sep-22 12%
Oct-22 32%
Nov-22 20%
Dec-22 -9%
Jan-23 3%
Feb-23 3%
Mar-23 25%
Apr-23 11%

my monthly roi on one of accounts for last two years. I take highest risk on this account-max dd so far, 17%. All my accounts combined, max dd of 6.5% so far.

2 Likes

P/L heatmap for one of the account. if this helps !

mine :rofl:

1 Like

But with tech analysis am having more ROI % with out screen watching. So will stick to that… :grinning: