Good till triggered orders (GTT) now available for Index F&O

@siva I am unable to understand why you are curious to make GTT 100% executable. This is purely clients risk only whether it gets executed or not. Or whatever. Where is zerodha at risk ?//

We will change it, give option to users itself.

1 Like

:+1:

in the introductory offer, it was free … it was mentioned that it will be charged later on … Is it free for lifetime? Since it has been more than 3 months of introducing GTT. @siva

Not sure about lifetime but for now it is free till further notice.

Trigger 122
Limit 120

But also at the same time, i contradict myself here too. Suppose Trigger is reached but not my exit price same day, will GTT be valid for next trading day too and a sell will be placed next day if again Trigger activates ?? Its a bit tricky for u , i can understand. To avoid this, let trigger and price be same instead of seperate input boxes. That will a bit be easier somewhat and unnecessary complexity. May be.

1. If GTT is triggered and order is placed. Order is valid only for that day. If it doesn’t get executed, you have to place the GTT again.
  2. In the next couple of days, we are making a small change, like the trigger price comes with a prefilled trigger, we will also prefill the limit price with a price. Of course, you will be able to change it. But we can’t have field for trigger and price. This is a complex order type, can only be simplified to a certain extent.

Yes. right.

Not necessarily. Keeping just a single Price field may be OK. If price is reached, system places ORDERS at that limit only. Coz no one is master of getting peak value where price will not touch again and order is not executed. It may happen but rarely for very few clients. And more complexity will be minimised only. However, thats your take. U can do good than me and solve the loop. I can only suggest as i do as a clients perspective

Hi @nithin . Firstly I really appreciate the GTT introduced in options in kite. I have a simple query, can I stop putting hedge legs to my short trades with this GTT trigger and target price mentioned.

Can you give an example.

1 Like

Hi Siva, thanks for the response. Just taking an hypothetical example.

I am doing short strangle on Nifty.
NIFTY Spot is 9000
Sell Nifty June 8500 PE @ 100
Sell Nifty June 9500 CE @ 100

Generally, what I do, I buy OTM PUT 8300 PE and 9700 CE to hedge above short strangle but this come with an extra cost where I have to pay premium.
Now with GTT , instead of buying PUT/ CALL to hedge can I just do following:

Place GTT order till June expiry.
Buy Nifty June 8500 PE : Trigger 140, target 150
Buy Nifty June 9500 CE: Trigger, 140, target 150

Not sure how this will help, it is as good as placing manual order. Also if next day if gap up or gap down happens it will be of less help but having stop loss is always better.

Sir
How much time it will take to come in kite mobile app .
In option currency I am very excited for GTT orders.
And some problem also sir ,we have no any option to put stoploss and take profit in one time in option currency.
Thank you

Sir
Please not restrict some difference like 0.09 gap in GTT on currency. Because, in weekly currency you know that points are very closely and small points. Please think for that sir

Any update coming on this sooner ??

On our list of things to do, but there are other things on priority, so might take some time.

@nithin can GTT orders be made available for mutual funds and smallcase as well?
It would be a great help for passive investors.

On our list of things to do, low priority for now.

While using gtt feature in mobile app. It is not nullify my position once triggered. It is creating fresh position. eg if I hv sold nifty 10000 JUN PE at Rs180 and place stoploss through gtt at Rs 200. Once price move to Rs 200, gtt triggering but not clearing my held position. It is creating new position as buy nifty 10000 JUN PE at Rs 200.