Good till triggered orders (GTT) now available for Index F&O

If the buy order is placed for the same short sold position, the position should have offset automatically. Please check if both are in two different product types (mis and NRML) and both are the same expiry contracts or different. you may raise a ticket for further account-related support.

Hi @nithin. Thanks for such a great tool. While creating a gtt, buy limit order should be greater and sell limit order should be smaller than the trigger price. Greater the difference between trigger price and the limit order the more is the probability of my order getting executed. Is it possible to give one option of placing orders at market price once gtt is triggered, then the trade will be 100% executed.

Market we can’t for now. But why don’t u place the limit order far away from trigger price, works like market itself.

1 Like

How many stop loss is triggered during gap downs ans gap ups…is this why recently zerodha order placement is very slow during first 15 minutes.

Generally the first few minutes of marketing opening is madness. These aren’t stoploss orders triggering, unfortunately people don’t place stops. We have added a lot of first time investors whose behavior is to place orders daily at prices far away from the current market price. This has meant that suddenly the orders at the market opening has gone up significantly. Our exchange leased lines have certain capacity in terms of order per second and sourcing new lines had become a challenge since lockdown. The good news is that we added a new data center + leased line a some time back which improved the performance. The new leased line capacity is set to go up significantly next week. So the delay u see right at the opening, you shouldn’t see from next week.

when people know that it is madness then who are those mad intelligent group of people making such a huge volume liquidity on that few minutes of market opening ?

what is this actually(exactly) ?

When I said madness, I said in terms of number of trades. Everyone is trying to factor in what happened around the world overnight, it is the same scene with every market in the world. 10 to 15% of daily volumes in the first 15 mins of the day (remaining 85% in 360+ mins).

Check the second section of this article

2 Likes

And I assume , the one who place 1 quantity and 1000 quantity takes same resource … so kindly segregate small retailers and big retailers in different leased line. Risk is more for us and we miss the opening trade oppurtunities and we lose big if we cannot exit quick.

same goes for trades after 3.20 … kindly segregate small equity line and option sellers line , we cannot afford to take positional gapups and gapdowns.

1 Like

There is no more delay at 3.20 pm. That got sorted as soon as we had the new data center live. The delay is mainly at market open, should be fixed in the next few days as we are waiting for new leased lines to go live.

2 Likes

Please check above reply of him.

@siva @nithin

Great but there’s one confusion.

if i have sold options in NRML order type how do i define in GTT that it should cover it by buying at given price under NRML order type?

same goes for MIS orders. If i have sold options lets say on Expiry day and if i want to keep SL and target, how do i define in GTT window that it should cover position i.e. buy the option to exit my position under MIS order type?

Thanks.

GTT comes only for NRML order type in fno, so if you create GTT then by default it is in NRML.

@nithin @siva

Can we get GTT for currency segment also?

Will check.

Please enable GTT for CDS. At-least for USDINR futures.

It is so unfortunate that CDS is kind of second class… It is not having continuous daily data. Also the “events” notice … Bank Nifty has a marked event for “USD FX Reserve” but that is not in USDINR Future. Also L3 quote with 20 levels … :frowning:

Will do in coming days. There are not many people who trade currencies.

Hi @Siva, @nithin, @ShubhS9 ,@bhuvan,@faisr,@nakul
I have a feature request for GTT. As we know for GTT BUY orders ,if there are no sufficient funds available in the trading account, the GTT orders will fail. I would like to have a feature where if I have a open GTT buy order(for equities) and current market price of scrip in GTT order is say some x% away (better if user is given choice to define this x% value) from the GTT limit order value, I would like to get notified for the same(Over email or inbuilt kite notification) and also to have sufficient funds available for the GTT order. This would really help long term investors in not missing any of their GTT orders due to not having enough funds when the order is triggered. And may be you can extend these notification feature to SELL GTT orders as well, which will help investors to have a look into the current price and take a decision whether to retain the GTT order and book profits or modify the GTT sell value if they see further up side in the scrip. Do let me know your thoughts.

We thought of it but it will just make the whole systems complicated, I personally think one can keep funds in account and yes I know one will loose on float but considering the short term rates which are around 3% it is worth taking the chance. Alternatively one can set alert on sentinel which will give you price notification.
Said that we will visit this again in future.

1 Like

Yes @siva, please take it up if possible. I didnt understand on the complications part .Can you elaborate?

For you it may look simple but things are not so easy as they look, said that why don’t you try sentinel to get a alert? suppose your buy price is 100, you want an alert when it reaches 98 or 102, keep alert on sentinel accordingly and you will be alerted, only thing is it is a additional step but yeah if one really want it they can try this way.

1 Like