Guys post your daily trading status

2 Likes

You can post your loss and reason behind it. That’s could be helpful to us. I have taken a BANKNIFTY NIFTY call prior to market close. What happens would post tomorrow :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

I am also having open position. I will post tomorrow.

Reason for loss is i have used long straddle strategy. I was hoping big gap up or down based on Icicbank results. Not enough movement so squared off with 3.5k loss

1 Like

Can you show your today screenshots. You’re really big bull
:hugs::hugs::smirk:

1 Like

You have traded BANKNIFTY option. Are you making money consistently or just a profitable day. If consistent then you can enrich this forum by your strategy. Congrats in advance.

Not really. I am not profitable but i am avoiding huge loss with option strategies. On profitable days it will be 1k or 2k. But loses would be minimun 2k.

If i had wait till 3 pm, i would be in 6k+ profits. But squared off in morning itself with loss.

Exited 29500 pe around 78 and 30000 ce at 112

1 Like

doing long straddle / strangle ?

1 Like

It’s strangle i guess. Between 29500pe and 30000ce. Strike was around 29600 to 29650.

Strike price of put is closer to the spot because i was bearish.

I was bearish because if Icicbank results does not beat estimates, it will go down. Unfortunately it was trading in green in the morning.

Then changed opinion and bought naked calls which resulted in 1.5 k loss. A total of 3.5 k loss

done for the day

2 Likes

What’s the margin required for that nifty options trade?

update

1 Like

Depend on lot and price

1 Like

Recovered yesterday loss. Took around 60 trades (sorry orders) so not posting entire list

Screenshot_2019-05-08-16-06-41-192

1 Like

60 trades ?

Are you a Scalper ?

I am thinking Taxes & Brokerage will eat your P/L.

3 Likes

60 trades in a day? What is your usual target size ?

1.5k will be brokerage and taxes.

1 complete trade setup involves 4 orders. Took 10+ trades today.

My profit target is around 600 rupees per trade. Stop loss is also small. I have done scalping previously but its very risky with banknifty options.

2 Likes

Correction 60 orders. One completed trade results in 4 orders. So 60 orders. Whenever i see 500 plus profit and no movement, i will book the position.

Few trades went wrong but overall today is good

1 Like

Ohh!! Haha :sweat_smile:

good day for me… :slight_smile:

5 Likes