Guys post your daily trading status

Only one lot trade!!!

4 Likes

consistency is the key … hoping to see you trade higher quantities sooner than later :blush:

3 Likes

todays trade…

1 Like

Guys what about yours???

Only one lot

1 Like

Today around 60 orders. Brokerage + tax should be 50 percentage of profit. Still 13k + to recover

Lots of positions so couldn’t capture in single click

1 Like

1 Like

What’s the margin required for that banknifty options trade?

Usually I buy maximum 100 quantities of ATM or ITM options in the range of 20k to 30k. On expiry day it will be 6k to 15k. For call or put back spread strategy, cost is around 25k for one lot

If you are new, I recommend paper trading or watch price movement of options before actually trading in the market. Because options can increase or destroy your capital.

3 Likes

Yes thanks for the advice.
:raised_hands::raised_hands:

Could you tell which strategy you are using as you mentioned 60trades per day

It’s 60 orders involving multiple strategies. No of trades less than 30. Most of my today’s trade involves buying naked calls or puts with virtual SL.

Tried call ratio back spread with 28600ce and 28700ce in morning. But due to very less movement, I booked a loss around 900 rupees. If I had waited till 2:30 pm, I would be in huge profits but exited with loss.

Tried long strangle between 29100ce at 167 rupees 100 quantities and 29000pe 100 quantities at 166 rupees. Exited CE around 65 rupees and put around 310 rupees. At one point, I thought I shouldn’t have used long strangle because of loss. Later it turned profitable due to big move otherwise my pl would be in big red.

Shorted 1 lot of 29200 pe at 296, which ended in a huge loss.

Overall few trades went wrong, many are neutral and few outperformed expectations.

1 Like

I believe it is 60 orders of one trade

1 Like

Good information. Thanks for sharing

Another day in green. Today 31 orders so expecting less than 1k brokerage. 8k+ to recover

Tomorrow expiry day. Hope to avoid silly mistake in last week expiry.

3 Likes

Can you tell how do you decide your trade

1 Like

decided not to do expiry trade tomorrow … incase if some opportunity comes , will sell OTM calls only

It’s hard to explain.

I will look at the price action in 5 minutes candle and decide whether to buy call or put options.

Mostly I buy ITM or ATM options because they respond well with index movement.

Periodically I will check oi data, us and European futures, dollar and crude oil price. This will give me a view whether index will close in positive or negative.

If market is moving against my view, I will use option strategies with limited risk so I can avoid huge loss.

For initial trades, my target and SL are small, I will book profit or loss soon (around 300 to 500 rupees). Once profit reaches 1000 rupees, I follow “Let your profits run and cut your loses short” rule.

Whenever I feel no movement in an option strategy, I will exit immediately. Sometimes this saved me from huge loss and sometimes I miss huge profits.

3 Likes

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

I was profitable since the begining. Today my over confidence kicked in. Numbers are small but i lost more than my profits.
HAHA not a problem. Still have many conflicts on my strategy. I will try to follow better discipline to avoid mistakes. :smiley:

4 Likes