Guys post your daily trading status

Ok…

I agree to @Bhuvan.
One can misuse if links are allowed (hints to divert from this forum to somewhere else).

Is 1 min tf chart reliable for price action trading in intraday ? for patterns like ascending triangle, flag etc. I use 5 mins chart but there aren’t enough candles to make any pattern form, so i am thinking of switching to 3 min or 1 min. i am just not sure of the reliability. Can you guide me in this?

@rudy17
1 min is one of the best tf to trade, as whatever knee jerk reaction a stock might give to news or anything else, it would be first reflected in it. But then, you have to be quick as well in analysing technically, spotting patterns or trades and then actually trading them at the desired price. If you look at some of the older screenshots I have posted in this thread which has charts; you’ll notice how patterns form and can be traded in 1 min tf.

5 Likes

I too love 1 min candle, underrated

1 Like

@samsingh @vishnux
don’t you guys think 1min candle will produce more whipsaws ?

The moment i exited the trade the price moved 20pts in my favor :sweat_smile:
Nevertheless, this is my biggest profit until now :grin:

4 Likes

Crude how many lots?

15lots entry-1567 exit-1549

1 Like

Whipsaws and trends occur alternatively in every tf. One should trade in the smaller tf like 1 min in conjunction with what the trend is in the larger tf. This could be one way to avoid counter-trend trading if that is not a part of your strategy.

3 Likes

Made 5.4K today. Collected 72 Pts with a Long Trade in NF. Done for the day :grinning:

1 Like

Took the 2nd Trade by going Long in NF and ended with 6.8K today. I trade with 1 Lot & Cover Order (don’t have capital for Normal Order). Done for the day. No more trade today :smile:

2 Likes

Anyone traded crudeoil today ? Such a narrow range! @SharanR @samsingh @Macroenergy

Yeah very narrow range of 30-35 points since morning, so not trading today as system did not generate a trade. Maybe, I won’t take a trade now as timings too have been reduced.

Yes today was a nail biting range :sweat_smile: in the end it broke the stagnancy.
If I were to trade with your lot size I wonder what all i’ll bite into :laughing:
15lots

3 Likes

Hehe, good trade!
I actually got bored since morning staring at the screen, and then the reduced timings, so thought of passing the day after getting an entry trigger a while back. I have to be a bit cautious these days because if I have to make any adjustments to my strategy to be in green at eod, I need time and if I happen to enter so late at 2.30pm, only 2 hours remain so I have to pass such days.

2 Likes

Thank you…It was quite a stare till 1pm. I found a spot so entered, didn’t expect such a +ve move. I thought max 10pts but it gave ~25pts.
Even I feel It’s risky to enter a trade after 2 these days.

Collected 185 Pts and ended with 13.8K today. Took 4 Trades in total (both Long & Short). Today I’m Happy that I made the highest Profit (13.8K) in my trading journey of 4 days. Going to celebrate today evening with a glass of wine :grin:
Learning lots of things from veteran traders here like @vishnux @velu & @samsingh to mention.

4 Likes

@Intraday_trader Well the wine is definitely making me feel jealous, my stock is over!

1 Like

definitely you are doing great :wink:
play safe with SL and everything will follow

1 Like