How do I apply for the NFO of Bharat 22 ETF?

Hi,

I have placed order for Rs:5000. Can i cancel that now? How can i do that?

Go the Bharat 22 ETF link provided and place another order which will replace the old order then a option to delete the order will be available. Just click on it and it will be cancelled.

You will be selling it on the open market and not to ICICI AMC.

I have placed an order through your Bharat 22 ETF site - when will I receive the order confirmation email - are all the orders submitted to NSE once in a day in batch ?

All orders are sent at once post the issue close and you will receive an email/SMS from the depositories upon allotment.

Apart from selling it on the open market, there is another exit option wherein you can redeem the units with the AMC. Hereā€™s a quote from the Bharat 22 Scheme Information Document.

ā€œRedemption of units can be made directly with the Fund in creation unit size. Currently there is no exit load applicable for the said transactionsā€.

Is there any benefit in applying for the ETF directly through ICICI Prudential AMCā€™s website rather than applying through a broker/distributor? Is there any transaction charge or commission applicable if applied through a broker/distributor?

Oh then I donā€™t think so. So if you wish to do this then the ETF has to trade at a discount of the 3% to the NAV for 30 continuous days or

1.If the discount to the bid is more than 3% for 7 consecutive days
2. If there are no quotes on the exchange for 3 continuous trading days.
3. When the total bid size on the exchange(s) is less than half creation unit size daily, averaged over a period of 7 consecutive trading days.
Generally this redemption process is too complicated for retail investors and is mostly meant for institutional investors.

Best to sell (becho) in the secondary market.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

No problemo, but Iā€™m curious, would you go through all this? Sounds like a drag to me.

1 Like

I would not. If those conditions did NOT exist and it was possible to redeem the units instantly, then an arbitrage could have been possible.

Are these 4 conditions mentioned in the scheme info document?

That would be a dumb arbitrage on ICICā€™s part. Allowing straight redemptions after selling units at a discount in the NFO. :slight_smile:

Ya, should be. These are common conditions for other ICICI ETFs too, I remember seeing these conditions on their webpage sometime ago.

1 Like

I applied through Zerodha but not able to see anywhere if I applied. Is there anyway to be sure that I have applied successfully.

Just watch this video

https://youtu.be/85tzOqjni9s

Click on below link to apply

https://www.icicipruamc.com/InvOnline/app/aspx/frmBharatETF.aspx

Hello I very new to the zerodha as well as trading world so please bare with me for this silly question.
My question is, for investing in bharat 22 etf in which segment I should add fund to Equity or commodity?

You need to have funds in your equity account. ETF/Stocks/MFs have nothing to dow wth your commodity account. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Venkatesh_Kulkarni This is just like an IPO, one PAN one bid. If you place multiple bids with multiple brokers then all of them will be rejected.

@TradingNJ Once you click on ā€œPlace orderā€ your order is accepted. You will receive an email/SMS from the depositories upon allotment.

As i applied for this Bharat 22 NFO from zerodha link.where will i be able to see the status of application or in order?

If I invest 200000 in this then effectively the underlying asset is bought worth 206000 right ?
That is the meaning of 3% discount. Everyone who applied between 15th to 17th will get the discount isnā€™t it ?