How do I participate in the Infosys Buyback offer?

@Srinivas I haven’t yet received the tender form on my mail. Who should I contact regarding this? Can you please provide me the contact details of someone who can address this. Thanks

i have total 30 Shares from that i have eliable for 8 Shares for buy back. So, my concern is that weather i have to hold all 30 Shares till buy back of 8 Shares get completed or i can sell remaining 22 Shares.

Just email the softcopy of the tender form to [email protected].

Yes. Even if you sell the rest (115 shares), it will not have any impact on your ability to tender the 45 shares. All 45 shares will be bought back by Infosys.

Buy back of share’s Amount will be Rs 1150 But my question is that i have Eligible for 8 Share’s So i will get (1150 @ 8) or i have brought 929 (1150 - 929) Calculation will be like this or not.
Suppose if i will sale Now entire shares than i will get my buy back or not.

I was holding 195 shares of Infosys on Oct 30th, but did not get any Email from Infosys for Buyback yet.
Is there a chance that i am not offered Buyback option?

I have an account with Angel Broking where I purchased teh Infosys shares. How do I participate in the buyback?

sir what to fill in the tender form before sending the soft copy to zerodha?

Hi,

Previously I read in this topic that Infosys will buy back 59% of total shares under buy back policy. But now only 28.3 % shares has been bought by Infosys. I don’t understand the maths behind this , can you help me?

I am totally having 135 shares and I got mail saying like only 38 shares are eligible for buy back for base price 1150 rs.

Check this out

I had 212 shares on 1 Nov for which i got dividend as well, later on i sold all the shares few days back

Now i dont have any infy share in my demat, i would like to know if i buy back the same quantity of infy in another couple of days, in this case will i still be eligible for buy back offer to tender my share…?

Please note : i have got an email from Karvy saying "Entitlement for Buyback in terms of No. of Equity Shares is 60 for me

yes you will be eligible

what is the last date to send the tender form to Zerodha…?

Buy only 60 shares of Infy because you are eligible for 60 shares on Record date.

Acceptance ration may become higher if not all people are tendering their share, there are higher chances

Also if i buy whole 212 shares and only 60 shares will get accepted, i can still sell rest of the share in open market correct…? (higher then my current buying price for example 960 as today’s price)…?
There should not be any price adjustment after the buy back…correct…?

Yes, Absolutely you can do this.

A buyback can be seen as a method for company to invest in itself by buying shares from other investors in the market. Buybacks reduce the number of shares outstanding in the market, however buyback of shares is an important method of corporate restructuring. There could be many reasons why corporate choose to buy back shares…
**> **
>1. Improve the profitability on a per share basis
>2. To consolidate their stake in the company
>3. To prevent other companies from taking over
>4. To show the confidence of the promoters about their company
>5. To support the share price from declining in the markets
>6. When a company announces a buy back, it signals the company’s confidence about itself. Hence this is usually a positive for the share price.

>{ Varsity Module 1, Chapter 11 }

What was he talking about “sell the remaining shares at 800 rs/share” in the last part of his explanation, what is that breakeven for remaining share…?

How is this related with my question, i did read this long back and aware about this, few people are talking about rest of the share you can sell on 780 and 800, because of break even point etc etc…this is what i want to understand

The 59% assumption was based on the shareholding data as on March 31st 2017. The actual entitlement ratio of 28.3 % was calculated based on the data as on the record date for the buyback.

Hi Roy, thanks for your reply.

Before getting into this infosys buy back offer , I read in many news articles and blogs like Infosys will surely give 59% holding share for 1150 rs. But why suddenly changed happened ? To only 28.3 %?

Also apart from my accepted 38 shares for buy back , can I sell my balance 97 shares in open market ( say for example : 960 rs as on today’s date) or should I issue buy back for all 135 shares and how much will be taken ?

Kindly suggest d best way on this.