How do I participate in the Infosys Buyback offer?

Thanks for d reply Raghavendra , but can you explain in simple terms ?

Hi All,

Request to clarify my query.

I purchased 100 infosys share well in advance and holded till record date for buy back. I sold all shares on 14-Nov and on 19-Nov I received email from karvy regarding buy back (28 shares are entitled for buyback)
my question is as currently i dont hold infosys shares if i buy 28 shares now still can i apply for buy back?

Yes, You are eligible for Buyback.
Just buy 28 shares and Fill the Tender form send it to Zerodha you are done.

Thanks “Lets_Invest” for you response

Hi, I have purchased infy shares in November and did not hold any infy shares on the record date, i bought these shares with an intent of short term gain should I hold or exit at current market price? what could be the price action during the process of buyback till 15 Dec 17? kindly give your opinion.

59% was a rough estimate based on past shareholding data. Since a lot of small investors bought Infosys shares as a buyback play just before the record date, the entitlement ratio fell to 28.3%.

Yes, you can.

38 shares are guaranteed to be bought back. If you tender more, some of the excess shares you tendered might be bought back but ONLY if other eligible shareholders do NOT tender the shares that they are entitled to, which is unlikely (since most investors would have bought shares just to tender them in the buyback)

Thanks Roy for your patience and guidance.

1 Like

I have held shares of Infosys on 1 Nov-17(record date). However, I had sold all my holdings of Infosys around 10 Nov-17 and couple of days ago received the intimation from Infosys about the eligibility to go for buyback. Since I have received the intimation mail from Infosys I understand, I am eligible for the buyback, however at this point of time I do have any shares of Infosys.
Is there any way I can still participate in the share buy back now ?

Regards,
Kalyan

I am holding 311 shares of Infosys. I have received the buy back offer form. I have my demat account with icici bank and trading with religare securities. Please tell me the process’s for participating in this buy back offer

@Bhuvan @Srinivas I did exactly that. I filled in the form, signed, scanned & emailed to [email protected] however this is the reply that I got. Ticket no. : #837019 What are we supposed to do in Q? There was nothing mentioned in this thread regarding Q.

The option to place a buyback order will be available once the buyback window opens, in this case, November 30th.

@Bhuvan What if I sell the Infosys shares and buy them again. I had shares on 1 Nov (Record date) and if I sell shares today (21 nov) and buy tomorrow, still my application will be considered for buyback? (In order to book daily profit)

hi. i had purchased infosys shares in august 2017 and i still havent received any mail of buyback. can you please suggest what should i do now?

Hey @Bhuvan If I am not wrong Those who have not received mail yet They can contact Registrar To Buyback.

Correct me if I am Wrong.

Karvy Computershare Private Limited
Karvy Selenimum, Tower-B, Plot No 31 – 32,
Gachibowli Financial District, Nanakramguda
Hyderabad 500032, India
Tel: +91-40-6716 2222 /
Fax: +91-40-2343 1551
Email: [email protected]
Contact Person : M. Murali Krishna
SEBI Registration Number: INR000000221
Validity Period: Permanent
CIN: U72400TG2003PTC041636

Participation in Infosys Buyback: Is it necessary to send tender form in soft copy or this can be offered through trading account, here I suppose buy back option would appear under IPO column.

Hi, I’ve purchased 185 shares on 22nd Aug 17. So, on Nov 1st my the value of Infy stock is =185*925.55 = 171226.75 which is under 2 Lakhs. My doubt is am I eligible for the buyback? I would like to participate in buy back is it possible. Didn’t receive Tender form yet?

Where should I submit the Buyback tender form? Should I go to my share broker “axis direct”?

Oh God.
These Investor’s Are so confused about Infy Buyback.
If l’ll open A Helpline Just to solve Infy Buyback Queries.
l’ll make more money solving These Queries Than Trading.

(Just for humour)

Do you know the answer or not? Or is it that you want payment to answer questions?