How good is leave job and doing full time trading

Hey anyone of you doing full time trading, if so after how long u learnt it in general is good to be full time trading…I am planing to quit job be a full time trading by professional whats ur Opinion.

Plz let me kkow

2 Likes

As long as you do not need money from trading for living you can do full time trading.

Prove your consistency in making profits, only after that quit your job. Look at opentrade stars who have more than ten years experience still went negative. Some even lost quite an amount and quit trading.

Best of luck :+1:

7 Likes

Before start trading full time, First learn trading physiology(There are lot of videos available in youtube)
Don’t Risk more money in option buying. If you are going to buy an option you should know clearly about option Greeks
Never follow tips
Never risk too much money in single trade. Always enter in a trade with better Risk-Reward Ratio
Don’t use leverage until u have a successful strategy

3 Likes

Thanks a lot I am just a crawling baby in trading thinking of running…

1 Like

Hey, @Venkatesh_Rao Never Quit your Job Which is a primary source of your bread and butter and for now it is also provide you capital for your Trading.
If you will Trade (Intraday) 5 days per week TRUST ME YOU WILL LOSE MONEY FOR SURE.
On other Hand If you will do Delivery Trades There are less chances of Losing money But for Delivery you Need good amount of Captial and Experience.

9 Likes

Quitting your job to do full time trading is the 1st step towards complete disaster. If you are really that good, then apply for a trading job.

Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for being supportive thought of leaving job but after going through all ur suggestions. Change my mind thanks once again saving me…

2 Likes

Here are my 2 cents in this dull weekend :smile:

Doing ‘Business Full time’ and ‘Business for Living’ are the same. But ‘Trading Full time’ and ‘Trading for Living’ are NOT the same. First get this in ur mind! Then find out how they are different. Afterwards u can quit whatever u want :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

not a good idea my friend. there are many EOD strategies which you can do along with your job. Its better to keep a job and do this, it helps not only psychologically but financially too…

1 Like

Its a catch 22 situation.
Serious traders need to be involved full time. Trading is intense and emotional. Can’t focus on job and trading at the same time.
But leaving job is like letting off the bird on your hand and trying to catch two other birds in the bushes.

Hi dude i am degree + diploma holder next year i plan to join MBA Not in Job. Trading is my profession
" I AM NOT TAKING TRADING AS RISK . I RISK MY LIFE IN TRADING " STAY POSITIVE

If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.
-Jim Rohn
&

IF YOU WANT TRADING SUCCESS.THEN DO IT FULL TIME
-FORGET AUTHOR NAME

7 Likes

Automate your trading strategy using kite connect API and continue with the current job.

1 Like

I have been considering the same too for over a year now. A big trading loss happened a few months ago which threw all these plans away. Luckily I had my job to run the house and family. But this experience also taught me a very important lesson - to focus even harder and learn from mistakes (I was just beginning to trade then). In my opinion, it is important for you to know which option/ future you want to trade, else it become nothing but a gamble.

2 Likes

Quote is awesome

I am really thankful to you all Bro for giving me a valuable suggestion…

Bro one of my friend joined job saved aome money quit and then traded amd lost all then again he done the same and again the same finally he works in a comoany and simultaneously trades.i think that is best

@Venkatesh_Rao . I have seen many people quitting job taking personal loan, withdrawing provident fund and investing in stock market but trust me that’s a really bad idea. Most of the successful traders are able to generate 3 to 5%in a month so if you have 10 lacs you you can expect 30000 monthly return now from that if you deduct your Internet charges and other cost you will end up with 25000. So logically speaking you need to have a minimum Corpus of 1 crore so that you will be able to generate around 275000 to 3 lacs in a month. In trading in one month you may earn 10%next month if you lose 3% your avg return 3.5%. so stick onto the job until you make 1 crore.

4 Likes

Right Bro thanks for suggestion I thought of quiting job and focus full time in trading but before quiting only I lost 60 thousand that is really a bad decision in my life I thought now I wil do trading with very less amount I am really thankful to you all Bro for giving me suggestion…

Leaving job and becoming a full time trader is worse than leaving job to prepare for civil services because in civil services the main pressure is losing years but in case of trading it is losing years and losing money. Unless you’ve proved to yourself that you are an expert and can earn CONSISTENTLY, don’t quit job to do trading.

4 Likes

@PrashDn Good analogy :wink:

2 Likes