How to change mobile number on CVL KRA? My number is correct on Zerodha but CVL KRA still has my old number

How to change mobile number on CVL KRA? My number is correct on Zerodha but CVL KRA still has my old number. Thanks!

1 Like

Am also facing same problem. Is email verification enough or we need mobile verification also? Mobile verification is not possible now as its showing old number. Will i face any problem in trading for not verifing mobile?

Hi Vijay, if the details on the KRA portal are incorrect, you will have to do Re-KYC. We’ve explained the process here: How to reactivate the Zerodha account?

You have to verify either your mobile number or email ID. Also, if the details on the KRA portal are incorrect, you will have to do Re-KYC. We’ve explained the process here: How to reactivate the Zerodha account?

1 Like

If I don’t, will it still let me sell my MF holdings on Coin? I don’t plan on trading so I don’t mind a trading ban.

Hello, I have validated wrong phone number and email address showing upon entering my PAN in CVL KRA validation page, I asked the help desk and they said:

For updating only email ID and mobile number, only Application form is required no supporting documents are required. Kindly contact your financial intermediary or mutual fund house to update the same in “without documents support”.

How can I proceed with this, I don’t know which Application form I need to fill.

Please help.

Hi @Amit_Singh5, if the mobile number and email address shown on KRA website is incorrect, then you can do Re-KYC at Zerodha and update the details as per Aadhaar by following the steps here.

The Re-KYC request is processed within 72 hours, after which Zerodha informs KRA to update their records. After the KRA has updated the details, you will have to validate using the verification link.

Hi @ShubhS9 I already did the KYC update 5 days ago and it has been approved by Zerodha. But still the CVL KRA website is showing incorrect details.

1 Like

Same issue with me as @Amit_Singh5 mentioned!

1 Like

I have done re KYC, but but phone number in CVL KRA is not updated yet

1 Like

@Amit_Singh5 @nikil.agar @asish_benny

If you’ve gone for the ‘Update details as per Aadhaar’ (via Digilocker) route for ReKYC, best to create a support ticket to know the status.

However, if you chose ‘Proceed with the same details’ for ReKYC, it won’t be sent to KRA. In that case, you’ll need to go through the Re-KYC process again.

I had also updated my mobile number on Zerodha profile page and completed IPV. It has not been updated on the CVL KRA page. When I raised a ticket on Zerodha, I received an automated response, which was not relevant. Is there any other way that the correct mobile number will reflect after updating on Zerodha?

Hi @asish_benny, once you do Re-KYC, it is processed in 72 working hours. After this, it takes up to 5 days for details to get updated on KRA website.

1 Like

Hi @Amit_Chawla, it takes 5 days for details to get updated on the KRA website.

1 Like

Already one week over

1 Like

Thanks. I got the confirmation today, exactly after 5 days.

1 Like

From where you got the confirmation?

I updated my kyc as per aadhaar through rekyc in zerodha, but I received an email from ckyc mentioning that zerodha updated my name, my problem is not with name, I want my mobile details to be updated, please change my registered mobile number in cvl kra

Same problem cvl record have wrong phone number, zerodha have correct number.
Email validate done but not able to do mobile validation

1 Like

Cvl system is not updated, please change kra, for kyc