I lost 13 lakhs in market

“If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging”

Take a break and do not look at the market at all for a couple of months.

You do not have to get even immediately and rush to trade.

After break look at what went wrong. Always trade a strategy (backtest) that gives positive expectancy.
Risk no more than 1% of capital in a single trade.
Plan your trade and trade your plan.
Be in the market for at least a decade and we can enjoy the fruits of compounding.

Fine something else to focus on in your free time, do not even try to trade again with an upset mind. The best of people will make mistakes if they trade when they are feeling so low.
My humble advice.

1 Like

Please stop trading and take a break. Do not start trading at least for some years. There could be issues with the quantity you had traded and the trading technique you had employed. First sort them out by reading some well written books on trading which may take couple of years. All the best…

Just keep paying the loan, consider emi as your life experience. Don’t worry It shall pass… You will come out. Everybody makes mistake…learn to let it go…

Koi na bhai maine 15 lac loss kar diya.
Tension se kuch nahi hoga.
Thoda support and resistance dekh k 1 lot se karo ab. GTT laga do SL and Target ke sath.
Wo 1 lot apki EMI nikal dega.
Bus greed mat kar lena nahi to ye greed Ghar :house: jaydad bhi Bilwa dega.
Jo hua so hua.

Hey cool down youself.
Don’t think about it. I know it’s very tough. There is a high chance you’ll lose more.

Take a break and start slowly. Paper trader few days in both bull and bear market sectors (ex- IT and Banks) to calm down you anxiety. See how it’s going. Don’t leave trading.

No strategy works in long run so always be prepared with something.

Spend more time on naked charts.

Just build a robust risk management.

Make few stocks as your home ground to play comfortably

Sounds simple!

I am writting here to share my experience and i hope it will help people who have lost money and have started losing hope.
So I was making decent money from the market and then i felt that I should make money in a hurry, so i took MTF margin on my holdings and started making bigger bets. I started loosing money and I lost 11 lacs in equity. Then I stopped taking MTF I started taking big positions in futures and I lost 17 lacs in futures in just 5 months.
so overall a loss of 28 lacs in just 8-9 months.
So first I stopped everything and took some break. Then i started to analyze that what is going wrong. I saw all the stocks that i purchased reached the target that i aimed for but I was not able to time the market, nobody can. So the biggest problem was that I was making bigger bets which when fluctuated, i lost my confidence.
So I started buying for short term in reasonable quantities and just invested 60% of my money in equity and 40% in bank so that if one of my stock cracks 10% or more I can buy it, I also made sure that i take multiple positions and dont invest more than 3-4 lacs in one stock.
In last 5 months, I recovered all my lost money ie. 28 lacs. and I invested 60 lacs for that
I kept rotating it, 4-10% whatever i got i booked profit and concentrated on my new postition.

So there are few rules.
Only invest what you can hold
Always keep 30% or more for market falls
Keep booking profits.
Only invest in companies more than 2000 CR market cap

Remember money lost from the market can only be recovred from it. Dont panic, Just analyze ur mistakes and slowly and steadily you will recover you money

4 Likes

What type of stocks so you choose ?

This should inspire a lot of traders. The 2 important points I would like to take away from this is - “good research” & “money management”.

Buffet rightfully concluded it for all.
Stock market is where money get transferred from the impatient to the patient

1 Like

Hello, how and when do you book profit. Fix target or when you see weekness or time bound?

Similarly, how do you take SL in stocks?

I see daily and weekly charts and my holding time is 1 month to 1 year !

Also , certain of my stocks went in long term Asm stage 1 , do you see any impact of this?

Dude, stop trading. Trading is not for you.

You neither have deep pockets nor the knack to realize what’s going on.
Why did you post this message after losing 11lacs? (3x of your yearly income)

Focus on career, low risk business or building skills for better salary.
Trading is not for you.
What is gone is gone.

Don’t listen to anyone’s messages here, they will share some mumbo jumbo about strategies, risk assessment, money management.

Trading is not for you. get out.

1 Like

Generally there are from nifty 50, but I read a lot and sometimes if I get opportunities from a sudden fall or something, I do swing trade. e.g. i recently purchased jio finance at 215 and sold at 260 within 4 days. But mostly A grade stocks. Purchased infy at 1250 and sold at 1450, 1000 shares something like that, so if get something very good at very low price, I invest and wait for it to pickup

2 Likes

So what I do is, I have a target of 20-30% from a stock, but listen carefully if I say 36%, that means 3% a months so when a stock meets that I sell it, I will give you 2-3 recent examples.

So recently 3-4 days back BPCL fell at 340, coz it’s always on my radar i purchased it at 340 and sold at 355 within a week. Reinvested that in a new position.

On Thursday purchased policy bazar at 770 and within a day sold it at 800.

But I have stocks that are there like, reliance hdfc bank kotak SBI ITC that are there in my portfolio and they are not fitting my profit booking criteria that is more than 2% in a month, 4% in 2 months.

I hope u got it, but that’s my way of doing things urs could be different.

I don’t engage in too manipulative stocks that get into asm etc.

I play safer bets and I read a lot and have atleast 350 good stocks in radar, whenever one falls in my buying zone I buy it, that’s why I keep money in bank

2 Likes

True. That’s the key u can’t bet on 3x of your yearly income. It has to be other way round

1 Like

Yeah, i understood your points. Thanks.

MARK MY WORD… I AM GIVING YOU BILLION DOLLAR ADVICE…
THERE IS NO SUCH A TERMS AS LOSS RECOVERY IN STOCK MARKET…
YOU EITHER MAKE LOSS OR MAKE PROFIT.
Whatever gone is gone you cannot recover it… Start trading fresh and make new loss on new profit.
EVENTUALLY YOUR PROFIT WILL BE GONE AND YOU WILL MAKE LOSS.
EVERYTHING IS STOCK MARKET IS MANIPULATED ALL THE RULES ARE MADE FOR THE BIG PLAYERS.

Real life example - many small fish swim below whale to get whatever is the leftover by whale …but there is there by the Whale…
Focus on your job enjoy your work enjoy your life…
YOU MUST HAVE MILITARY LEVEL DISCIPLINE TO MAKE MONEY IN STOCK MARKET…

It’s tough to admit, but I lost 41 Lakhs in one trade, wiping out my lifetime savings and leaving me with an additional debt of 20 Lakhs.

I made matters worse by attempting to recover the money through revenge trading, only to lose even more.

I’ve since closed my trading account, uninstalled the app, and shifted my focus back to my work.

Moving forward, please determined to pursue a better job with a higher salary, prioritizing your career and spending quality time with your family.

Financial assistance won’t come easy when you’re in trouble, so it’s crucial to take responsibility and concentrate on building a stable future.

Life’s challenges can be overwhelming, but with time, resilience grows.

STAY STRONG :muscle:

3 Likes

Take a break bro. Come later.