I placed a stop loss order which got executed, but I don't see my stop loss price on any charts be it on NEST, NSE, Amibroker or any other chart?

Hey Harshal, of course target orders also can get executed without showing up on the chart. Like I have already explained in the post above.

Hello friends I sold 9 April 9100 ce nifty at 3.30 price and put stop loss trigger price at 18 under option plus in icicidirect but when the stop loss trigger price hit it buy the CE 9100 at 21 i.e 3 rupees away from 18 causing more loss of 900 rupees and the price is also not visible in charts i.e price never touch 21 rupees during that period (near 3 pm)

Please help me regarding this

I am also attaching screenshots of charts

1 Like

Explained here

Hi Bro.

Just wanna ask if you don’t mind. Is this verified. I have invested my hard earned money on trading but if this is how software technologies are being misused I must be alert. please advise I shall be really obliged to you.

Hello ,

Today I faced one strange scenario where my order for hdfcbank future get executed @ 977.4 and my SL hit . When I checked the chart I noticed the low of the candle was 977.85 at that time and even for next 2 hrs the low was maintained at 977.85 .How come my order got executed ?

I have raised one support ticket for this and talked to customer service but didn’t get satisfactory answer for this .

Its really pathetic as the same price reached till 990 in next 40 minutes .So I could have earned minimum 7k which I ended up loosing 1500 .

Has anybody faced similar issues ? How to escalate this ?

Answered above

Let’s see what the bhav copy has to say

It happened with me on Sharekhan

Same thing happen to me also they are hunting the stoploss. Already complain to sebi.

I did shorting on Bank Nifty sept fut at 20816 and SL was placed at 20860. The script did move until 20855 and then collapsed all the way but my SL was hit at 20862. How did this happen. Yesterday in my Short only 2 points separated from hitting SL but it didn’t hit. Here there was clearly 5 points and SL was hit denying me a great opportunity. :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:

Explained here.

But yesterday there was just a 2 point difference btw the price and my SL and yet it didn’t hit but today with a 5 point difference it hit and my entire trading mindset was thrashed for today. Bad Luck !!

It didn’t hit yesterday because price didnt your sl yesterday. Today Price reached your sl, even though it is not being shown on zerodha chart. You can call it bad luck or whatever but you should acknowledge to yourself that the price went upto your sl and only becasue of that it was hit.

Markets were very volatile today, so chances of something like this happening are high on such days.

1 Like

There is technical explanation of how Stop Loss orders trade liquidity in the market for the benefit of reducing the loss, in many Market Microstructure books. It involves considering the Limit orders and Stop Loss orders as short term Options… It can be confusing… Solution is to change the Question…

Question has to be “Why place the SL order in the first place?” To STOP… LOSS. Did it do that? It is not there to give profit, it is there to avoid losses when the market perception changes radically. Like it is happening in this week. I am glad, many have the habit of using stop loss.

One can use SL order to keep profit or break even, if the market moves in your favor by moving the SL with respect to LTP. Call it Trailing stop loss. There Stop loss can be used to give profit. It can be very profitable, if you have kept the SL at optimum distance.

Hope it helps. Happy Trading

Yes that happens, sometimes it happend for me and i cud see the charts were updated next day, sometimes it shows on tradingview chart differently than on zerodhas.
Many times this profited me lol my sl is triggered and it got filled 80 ruppes in my direction. And this happens many times in pre market limit order also, i got the fill where price never trades but sometimes its updated on chart next day sometimes it doesnt.

Happened to me on both sides Nithin Anna, SL hit without on chart and target achieved without on chart. Only question i have now is, this will happen with all broker or depends on orders from broker to exchange

This can happen with all brokers, as explained above, if a trade is executed you can be rest assured that the price was printed and it can be reconfirmed on the NSE Trade verification module within 5 days from when it was executed and you could also see the day’s range on the daily Bhavcopy and you will see your SL/Limit price within this range.

1 Like

same happened with me I bought call option of 67 on expiry it hit stop loss of 51…15 points downward while nifty even didnt move 15 points then after the sell it reached 100. more than 10 times happened with me

this is normal in options as options are most volatile product out there… even if underlying does not moving much, price of option can move due to various greeks and most important is that option prices are always losing value due to theta decay.