I want to earn one lakh per month in trading how much capital required?

Hi @Option_Fan from where u get this calculation??? I mean is it pragmatic???:smiley:

1 Like

Hi Akansksha, I didn’t do this calculation. It’s from clearnifty.

Is it pragmatic? Looks ok to me given their past performance. If we exclude their nifty and banknifty option recommendations, stock option recommendations are doing ok.

Per stock option recommendation, one can earn around 3-4k for 70k margin in 10 trading days. That’s around 6-8k in a month for 70k which translates to 85k-1.1lakh per month from around 10 lakh margin. Good thing is they are giving hedged stock option recommendations.

2 Likes

Hi @Option_Fan good and appropriate explanation…:smiley: thanx for replying…:+1:

2 Likes

Nice…appropriate explanation…:+1:

2 Likes

Its kind of funny to read this thread from beginning. I had this question nagging my mind for a while but no more. I think every trader goes thro this question initially.

Funny because real trading begins only when a trader understands the following tweets from Peter brandt.

But if a trader understands these things in the beginning, I am not sure how many will continue trading in the first place.

7 Likes

Not really sure about how much money is needed but one must have set of skills, a lot of experience and courage.

2 Likes

Don’t expect anything from trading. If you are able to protect your capital you are doing good. Better invest during huge corrections & have a lot of patience. Setting targets of 1 lac pm etc serves no purpose as you cannot achieve it. I’m investing in ETFs / index funds following charts & book profits when markets go up…approx 25% IRR which i’m happy with…

6 Likes

Impressive.

@haribabu 10lakh is sufficent if u hv mkt expirence and knowldge of products…
Else even 1cr will be less.
Happy trading and invst

3 Likes

I can help you with the exact techniques to minimize risk to a greater extent and have high probability trades with a great win-rate. I have achieved this after years of experience

The first thing you should ask yourself instead of this is " how you will do it?
Are you gonna do that by Intraday trading or positional? Do you have any trade set up with proper risk management?
In trading, skill set and trading mind set and knowledge are more important than your account size, otherwise you will blow your account in no time.:smiley:

1 Like

WHAT MAKES A TRADER SUCCESSFUL?

Well truthfully its superior attitude, a true trader never backs down even when he has lost lacs he wont give up cause a lose of few lacs in nothing when your house is worth 80lacs :+1:t3: you can always make that 10 lac in just few days after all you are the smartest person you know. knowing the direction of the market is like knowing the intricacies of all yours 9 to 11 indicators. no one tells a legend what to do figuring out probabilities are for kids legends are all in or nothing

Depends on how skilled you are. Can be anything from 50k to ∞

2 Likes

HI, is the 25 lac capital to 1 lac return on a sliding scale? in other words, if I have say, Rs. 5L capital, will I get 20K returns PM? say 10 L will get 40K and so on?

lol you’re killing me man it doesn’t work like that there are no GUARANTEE in the market you can turn your 50k to 10 lacs and vice versa. if you are just starting out in trading your first priority has to be not losing money just try to survive in the market for a month or two by being conservative don’t think about money. thinking like you’ll be making lacs in the market in months kills you in weeks.

1 Like

Vice versa is easily possible…

1 Like

@NeverMind lol yea, my bad vice versa is almost always the case specially if you’re a beginner with no paid education in lacs,
its a very long a tough journey ahead of you, which very few will finish.

http://www.turtleonsteroids.ml/

you can find some usefull stuff specially new traders

1 Like

I agree. Average 3% PM is very much feasible. That case Rs 15 lakhs is required to earn Rs 1 lakh per month

2 Likes

What’s the name of the movie?
A. Perfect recipe for disaster
B. Honey! I blew my account
C. The Guinness book of records - blindfolding and doing triple jumps without safety nets by an amatuer.
D. Mom! Do you have the spare room still?
E. The complete guide to burn 20 lakhs.

5 Likes

Oh. That’s all you got. All this to show something. Now you done.
You are so full of B.S.

1 Like