Interest Payout Dates for New Bonds

I have seen this Interest payment dates for government bonds (G-Sec) which talks about payment dates for bonds old one, What about fresh issues interest payout dates?
Where can i get dates for that?
Where is this info on RBI website?, according to this article it should be on notifications section but cant find it
Where can the interest payment schedule for bonds be checked?

Also can i make request to have this info on kite itself, please?

Following is my understanding.

The interest is credited to your linked account every 6 months from the date of issue of the GSec. You can find the list of GSecs issued by RBI that are still not matured here.

If you buy GSec with issue date as 17-Apr-2023, then you will receive interest payments on 17th Apr and 17th Oct of every year till maturity. If the date of issue of your Gsec is say 20-Jun-2022, then interest payments will be on 20th June and 20th Dec of every year till maturity.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

I think Issue Date is what i missed in my previous reads, cause i thought it was already buying date…

So with that logic New G-secs will work as per your 6 month rule and any old dated G-Secs which are re-offered will work on issue date for that G-Sec and not the date when they were re-offered…

I still feel somehow all this info should be mentioned in the details card of that G-sec on Kite such that people dont get confused, I can see lot of topics on similar line which mean this is a must have feature in the Zerodha Kite’s backlog

Anyhow thanks

Will update this, @pyarlath.

Interest payment dates are every 6 months from date of issue, you can check the issue date on RBI website. They don’t show interest payment dates.

Have noted your feedback. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi shubh,

Will there be a lien on the bank account if I’d purchase goi bonds in kite via the linked savings bank account?

Some banks had given a lien (bank added 1 paisa to mark the account lien) on my bank account after I purchased goi bonds directly from them .

No. The funds for investment in GSecs will be debited from your Zerodha account. While the interest payment and proceeds upon maturity of the bond will be credited to your primary bank account linked to the trading account.

1 Like

@ShubhS9 I bought 734GS2064-GS which was a new GS this month, it has been credited to my demat and i can see it in my holdings in Kite but the avg price comes up with a warning triangle “we do not know the price of this security etc etc” while this was purchased with kite itself…

Any idea when the avg price will be automatically updated?