Introducing BSE index derivative contracts on Kite

Hi @dtyxg,
We are working on this, should be live soon.

2 Likes

Up away it went more than 25% from June 27th :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hi,

I was trying to get margin benefit between NiFTY and Sensex option for buy sell. But it is not available on zerodha or am i missing anything? Or we cant take margin benefit.

Hi @Shri_Kulkarni

Currently, Clearing corporation (CC) doesn’t allow margin benefit for cross indices strategies. Not just Nifty and Sensex, even between something like Nifty and Bank Nifty. This is same across the industry.

:rocket: :rocket:

1 Like

Please give an update, very hard to enter and exit without ICEBERG ORDERS

1 Like

this is the change in OI of which contract of BSE FnO or is it combined of all?

Total contracts traded of SENSEX

Which is the most liquid of all the contracts traded of Sensex?

You mean which strike?

Market orders when ?

Its already liquid enough.
Please do not respond with Market orders were limited because not all strikes are liquidity
@MohammedFaisal @nithin @ShubhS9 @Meher_Smaran

It’s not. I checked today too. There is a bid ask spread of 0.5 on most strikes.
I am not against market orders, but unless liquidity picks up even one day before expiry (Thursday), it’s safer to go for limit order irrespective of the feature.

Yup I know

Zerodha started MARKET ORDERS after 4-5 months of asking for FINNIFTY

So going by the trend :face_with_peeking_eye:

But definitely need ICEBERG ORDERS as soon as possible

You will have big slippages. And for iceberg anyways market orders are not available.
And and I think the reason for not enabling market orders is because of the liquidity on other days. They can’t enable it only on Friday. Again, I am guessing until they give you appropriate reason.

Not which strike more like is is sensex 50, sensex or bankex

Only SENSEX
SX50 & BANKEX almost Zero volume

1 Like

Any update ???

@ShubhS9 @MohammedFaisal @Meher_Smaran

Market orders for index F&O

Market orders are now allowed for all index F&O contracts (Sensex, Midcpnifty and Finnifty) if the OI of the contract is more than 500 lots. Market orders will be automatically enabled as soon as the OI increase. (Nifty and Banknifty already have market orders enabled for all current weeks/months expires)

Iceberg orders for Sensex F&O

While this is ready from our end, we are getting this order type approved at the exchange. Since BFO is new, we didn’t have approvals for iceberg orders. While we can’t put a timeline due to exchange dependencies, this should be live in the second half of August.

4 Likes

@MohammedFaisal

Hey today i tried placing an intraday order in Sensex F&O contract but still it’s not allowed , but according to you if OI is greater than 500 it should be .

Then what’s the issue Zerodha is facing on allowing MIS orders ?