Introducing BSE index derivative contracts on Kite

Hey Kritika,
We haven’t enabled MIS (intraday) for Sensex F&O due to illiquidity. We allowed Market orders on NRML because even if OI goes below 500, you can still exit your positions using Limit orders. It is not the same for allowing MIS orders as a drop in liquidity using this logic will lead to issues with fresh positions and square-offs at 3.25 PM. That said, we are constantly monitoring the liquidity situation and will introduce MIS on Fridays atleast.

Would STOP constantly tracking it from today.

1 Like

Why? I wait for your post on Wednesdays and Fridays.

1 Like

Me too.

1 Like

Both Midcpnifty and SENSEX are showing constant uptrend in volumes. Should be tradable in a month.

I feel SENSEX is tradable without any major slippages

1 Like

Liquidity is there only on Friday. For the way I trade it’s still not tradable. I will wait for 2 more months.

1 Like

you guys think that people move more volume to SENSEX derivatives due to lower turnover charges?

Read it in an influencer post but not sure if that makes sense for retail traders.

No
We trade on FRIDAY just to fulfil our expiry gambling addiction.

Strange that 64900 PE has more OI than 65000 PE

Lets see whether 65000 PE holds

What does it take to manipulate in such a way ?

How much money ?

@viswaram @Jason_Castelino @nithin @ShubhS9 @t7support

@dtyxg Given the volume and the price range, a retailer with trading account of less than 2lac could have even done that. Not a big deal. What’s grabbing my attention, is that it looks like a mistaken order by someone who didn’t actually want to place it, and that took the price higher. The logic is, since it was expire day and the last minutes, it would never make sense buying the options. So some retailer must have placed a mistaken buy order for this to happen. That’s my take.

EDIT: Actually, a retailer with even 1lac of capital could have done that too. Can’t calculate precisely without 1-sec charts.

1 Like

Just a freak order, someone must have lost pretty good also taken many SL as well…

One freak trade I made, in this case algos made all the money.

That candle right there… (IOB 6th Oct 2017)
That’s the wick I made…
It cost me -3.10L … (almost 90% of my entire trading capital at that time)
I can provide the contract notes as well if you are interested… :grin:

These are very very important life lessons… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. The person who made that must have lost all of that money in that one minute. Although I don’t agree about stoploss hittings, since it was expiry no seller would have needed those the last minutes since it had become risk-free. In fact, the seller who sold to that buyer must have cashed out in that last minute.

Could you share it ?
Would like to know how orders were executed.

Make sure you redact all the sensitive information

1 Like

I had posted it earlier in detail and it would not be possible to post the entire contract not as it’s about 41 pages. Essentially I had bought over 3L quantity in MIS (in lots of 20-30k per order and also had SL in that same fashion), since the script was illiquid which I understood after getting in… well I panicked and started exiting my orders and one of my own order triggered my SL and you can see the wick which was formed… it all lasted 1-2 minutes and price was back to it’s initial levels.

Here’s the aftermath of the trade.

One thing to note is I got away with just 2-3k charges, one year earlier I had made another blunder trade while trading with HDFC, the charges of that trade were over 22k but luckily I had lost little money. I have lost more money later but the 1st times are always memorable.
:grin:

2 Likes

Liquidity is getting better. 64000pe has 47k OI
66000ce has 22k.

Hey i wish if Bankex option contracts could also follow up with the Sensex contracts , as it’ll be also helpful trading them.

Not until they change the Expiry day of BANKEX

will market fall ??