Is day trading profitable?

My bad. I jumped the gun. I thought the discussion was about day trading.

Simply answer this man.

as of late discussion was about legitimacy of TA

You have committed a fallacy what is called “false dilemma” where two extremes are compared and this is worst form of oversimplification

Are you asking me whether investing works? YES, it works. Now please don’t use TA to time your investments. TA doesn’t works in day-trading and neither in investments.

No.
I am simply asking by investing have you made any money? Do you have any experience in Investing?

And I am not asking for TA Knowledge.

1 out of 10 is profitable, if that ratio in plain numbers is 5 lakh people, then ask all of them if TA works or not. Now ask all the people who had actually learned TA, RM and PLAS and ask them if that works or not. Compare the results for works or not and that will be your conclusive result.

Do not simply just assume that all of them did learn, that’s extremely stupid.

Yes. I have made money but most of it is unrealized. Only time I realized some of my gains by selling my stocks was June of this year and I totally regret it. I missed the whole rally afterward. But good thing is that it was only a puny amount of my portfolio.

Well go to youtube and search “how to trade stocks/optios/FNO” and 10/10 videos will be TA based. Proves my point.

But what is your basis in assuming that all traders are knowing of TA? What on this earth? And YouTube is mostly scamsters, very less is genuine.

You need to be intelligent in assessing if the YouTuber is genuine or not.

Good to hear this man, that you are making money.

Can you share your verified PNL?
I think you are quite comfortable with this as you have asked this of others as well.

Youtube tells what majority is watching. Of course TA is scam and not genuine

yes, give me your telegram handle I will give you

This is of today, explain how TA was wrong here.

@apple

If it is right how much you made out of it?

Just message me. in the message section. If you like.

We do not need to go to telegram.

I have been on both sides here, first trading with discretion where some of what you feel can ring a bell.

But just fyi - some simple things can work. Not feelings, actual backtestable stuff. 10+year backtests that have proven themselves in live markets as well for multiple years.

But yes, its not easy and things can drift and i have had to improve my systems few times to remain competitive.
And yes, many systems wont work in other markets. But that’s not a con for me, make different systems for each similar group of markets. make both momentum and MR based systems on same market etc etc.

Anyway, i have no interest in changing anyone’s minds. This is my experience, and i have been profitable now for 4+ years more or less, more than 3 and a half of those with good money. Edges exist, simple things work - but its not easy money and its not simple finding those simple things.

1 Like