Is day trading profitable?

I didn’t, I’m moving to Options.

I am not a scammer. I don’t sell TA or FNO courses. You can give me your handle.

If TA was right, why you made no money today in Options? TA works in options as well according to advocates of TA.

Of course it does, but I’m trying a strategy which is not the one to be used in non-Options trading. I’m doing some Call-Put 2m-5m thing which I don’t wanna disclose here. The severe risk of Options is why I’m not trading right now.

Can you tell what stocks you traded which made you profitable over 4 years?

9/10 derivative traders lose money as per SEBI. So what makes you think you are special and will make profit.

Because of all that I’ve done through life yet. And I have always belonged to the elite class, there should be little doubt that in Options I wouldn’t be, because I would be.

I use portfolio of stocks, 100+. Cant rely on individual stock, my best stock for last year - did really well last year - has small loss so far overall in this FY.
But index also can work, i just happened to have started with stocks (intraday).

Also, there is no one thing called TA. There is lots of garbage too.
Best way i think is to try to understand how a market works, but to be able to do that can take many years of work.

And Vice Versa… :sweat_smile:

Come on man. After it’s over everybody draws line and says it worked.

I don’t know what was the technical assessment of hdfc bank today, but some of the so called technical analysts on tv had sell call on hdfc bank for a target of 1380 when hdfc bank was at 1489. That’s when I decided to buy hdfc bank. I wait for calls from TA and have always done opposite. But your stop losses are my targets.
Anyways. I am not against TA. I said what I did because you post charts after the event was over.
If you can tell me what’s our target tomorrow I shall be glad. :saluting_face:

1 Like

Should I buy more? :grimacing:

If you think TA works then this might be a shock. You can generate “price action” like patterns just from random things like coin flip.

Price action or TA based trading is scam.

Edit: Press preview after clicking this link to see magic of randomness

I was gonna do that with my under-development Options analysis, on my social media, but then I figured it was much too valuable so I decided to not do so. I mean, I ain’t giving out free money on social media. If they wanna learn, I can teach, but that is by way of Post Market Analysis, giving out free money is not what I do. Therefore after some criticism I don’t share anything at all, except for some thoughts about the market which I consider are not an analysis.

Can you tell me what went wrong for hdfc bank today. Technical I believe it was a clear sell. (I don’t know. I am guessing)
Please draw some lines on chart and tell me how it reversed.

What you mean by this is trading is gambling? I never denied that. Of course it is, but there’s an edge in the activity a few people have, those are called Smart Money owners, others have dumb money.

there is some truth in above, but its not the whole picture. Look at below 2 links.

https://adamhgrimes.com/tag/randomness/

Anyway, this is my last post, i don’t care what others think.
If anyone is interested, above blog is a very good way to begin to try to understand how markets work. Thats what worked for me.

Man I don’t do swing, the second minute was a strong rejection candle, after that having filled gap it broke above and then created a pennant in noise and then continued upwards. I would never do swing risking a good night’s sleep. I say never ruin sleep for money, I’ll never do that.

1 Like

Okay. I didn’t understand. Nevermind.

1 Like

I too made money with TA in past. I made 120% in TSLA. Sounds Great? But TSLA moved ~900% that year and thanks to TA I missed the whole move . Why ? I was stopped out again and again. I then backtest and found TA is the reason most people miss multi-baggers.

So you are a portfolio guy Then i am damn sure you don’t know 99% of the knowledge which is required to become an intraday trader. Don’t be negative. Like i said i have posted my p&l on my channel of option buying date by date. If you want to see it, i can share the link but you have to drop your negative attitude. You have to learn a lot like a lot ,it took me 4 to 5 years. And i am sure the people who are defending this TA they have struggled a lot also. And don’t think i am trying to scam you . i am just showing i have done it so you can but it totally depends on you because you are the holy grail.