Is there any person who is profitable in trading? Show proof

Is there any person who is profitable in trading? Show proof

2 Likes

grt question…
profitable trader is like undercover agent …u wil never find one.

9 Likes

Then why people trade? Me too!!!

1 Like

Why should they prove you

4 Likes

So I will think that , I should trade further…

2 Likes

there are a lot who claim o e profitable but very few are. You’ll find few but its very hard to provide proof unless profits are substantially large as any trade report can be easily faked. My profits are not large.

2 Likes

One of the many good initiatives by zerodha, scrapped mid-way.

itjegan, PRSunder

MOneycontrol has interviews of new successful traders each weekend.

1 Like
  1. A large proportion of the daytrader’s will end up loosing money and their self esteem trying to make a quick buck out of daytrading. Having to face the reality of failure, they will console their self esteem believing that it is not possible to make money from this profession. They are not willing to accept that success is possible in daytrading. They tried but failed, now they don’t want to hear that someone else has found success in the same field. Now they keep asking for proof, proof is just another reason for them to make themselves believe that successful day traders don’t exist.

2. Stock Traders are exposed to the fact that day trading can be a liberating profession financially for exceptional individuals. Even after many years, failed day traders don’t give up their ties to the world of Day Trading. They want to know how other day traders are doing (This is got to do with the social setup in India. We are more worried about other peoples success than our own failure.) It is natural over time, that failed day traders will stumble across blogs and articles posted by successful daytrader’s in this field who are profitable. This is where the second stage of many failed daytrader’s kick in, to satisfy their own low self esteem. they begin to start trolling other successful traders in this field who are active on social media.

Having to face constant trolling on social media , many successful traders start minding their own business, This makes it difficult for an average daytrader in India to find or meet other profitable day traders in the same filed.

To summarize , YES, you can keep looking for profitable day traders, but the chances are that you will not stumble across any.

6 Likes

Rob carver , An ex hedge fund manager whos returns last year were 0.5%, before taxes.

Now this is a hedge fund manager’s return trading his own account. This guy is professional trained hedge fund manager and his sharpe ratio comes just about 0.98.

Now imagine typical uninformed amateur hobby day trader lurking on these forums and others.

What would be his returns and more importantly what was his risk?

2 Likes

what will change for you if somebody shows proof or nobody shows proof . What will make you happy

On a lighter note

:smiley:

2 Likes

If once proof is shown is it considered as the trader will earn always and be in profits?

There has to be learnings and discipline followed then only money can be made.

everybody is running behind the money and want to make as much as possible as if there is no tomorrow going to come.

They want to try them selves since they cant believe anybody else can make money for them

2 Likes

Performance is still bad , i would not say very bad.

Annualized vol is 19.68%, and his return is just around 25%. Nifty or any large cap portfolio will give you that kind of return for just around 5-6% vol and this doesn’t even account for other costs like brokerage and taxes(direct and indirect).

So, it would be have been better he just invested and not traded. That high vol of 19.68% is coming from his trading.

But the sharpe ratio is 1.3, so i don’t know what value is he using for risk free rate. I m using 7-8% risk free rate considering indian govt bonds.

Either way , if he just stay invested. He will do a lot better.

2 Likes

Profitable Traders just live in wonderland, they are the biggest losers in the stock market, also they are arrogant and like to show off their knowledge about markets, as if market is their servant. Sooner than later they are doomed for sure.

2 Likes

search karen foo on youtube

1 Like

are you a mallu ? :eyes:

1 Like

@Swapnil_Chaure

I am fairly consistent with bank nifty ( mostly intraday shorts ) and i upload my daily trades ( except thursday ) .
Have a dedicated LLP trading account for trading exclusively in bank nifty and to experiment in BN.
Reference amount 10L , and i withdraw the money regularly . Check out my channel.
In net positive even after experimenting untested startegies ( will experiment only in Pfts ).

PS:-

1. I am uploading the trade logs to maintain my resume ( i took a break from IT and i need something to put in my resume )
  2. I trade on results as well in my personal trading account and i am net profitable for 4 out of 5 years
  3. Whoever says they are making money without any proof is either fake , or they are doing it with big amount
  4. PM me if you want further proof ( everything got a price :smile: j/k )
5 Likes

GREAT DEAR Will appreciate if you explain it as well

1 Like

when you are in doubt , sell options …
when you are in serious doubt , sell options and then hedge :smile:

3 Likes

yes, i searched.

Checked her website. Just another fraud.

She makes money from online courses and seminars.

1 Like

Can you give the annualized volatility in your portfolio and then is it possible to give your annualized returns?

1 Like