Is there any person who is profitable in trading? Show proof

Good Day Ours,

well @Swapnil_Chaure , currently i dont have any proof to show u, may be in future i can show u for sure…

1 Like

@sagar.m

my mistake , vol for large caps have been around 8-10% . Some cases upto 12%.

I am one of the profitable trader! But what makes me more different than other Profitable trader is below.

1. I am option buyer ( and still make a consistent profit than option seller who has inheritance edge)

2. I am an intraday trader, 95% of my trade are intraday only. ( So who believe that intraday options trader is not a way to go, Better rethink.)

so, @Swapnil_Chaure, you can be also a consistently profitable trader, you just need to learn and stay in a pitch for a long time. you can start will small capital & keep on learning with the small capital for about 1-3 year. Then you should emerge as a good trader. ( If you think, you will make a consistent profit instantly, then this GAME is not for you)

But, if you stay on a pitch for long enough, I will assure you that you will master it!!

P.S- I used to be one of the STAR traders at zerodha’s opentrade platform as well.

For Proof, you can refer my last 1 year 60-day challenge.

(upload://dtPzzo70Zg20wwo2k9uiuSqgCGb.png)

2 Likes

There are many traders who are consistent profitable, but most of them are above 10 years experience.

2 Likes

@vicky_kothari

I m talking about a large cap portfolio. not single large cap stocks.

Vol for large cap portfolios is around 8-10% , you can download nifty 50 and do a simple stdev.

you can also take any large cap MF , you will find they are in that range if managed properly.

Again , why are you considering single stock. always think of entire portfolio. Nifty max drawdown in 2008 crash was about 50%.

Superb! :slight_smile:

1 Like

But ,what is the risk per month?

if you say large cap MF portfolios have 20% vol, no one would invest in it. Thats crazy, 20% vol is acceptable for may be a mid cap or small cap portfolio.

For nifty vol comes to 8%. I don’t know how you are calculating.

do a sort on value research site. Although they have updated now. But we did have MFs that had low vol in the range of 8-10%. I could get you the data , but the damn MF sites give a lot of issues when downloading historical data.

So , you are saying you are not comfortable with that kind of drawdown?

Well I think @VelmuruganSengottai would be the right person to answer this…

1 Like

you asked me the similar question as well … risk per trade is the right term and not risk per month …
we can calculate average returns per month , but not average risk per month :wink:

2 Likes

I agree! “Per trade” is the right measure. And unlike stock/future trades, in option trades there is Risk per trade and there is “probability of profit”, two factors to consider. Which usually increase/decrease in tandem. 5-7% per month on consistent basis is absolutely fantastic!

1 Like

I asked if you can give me the vol (risk) on your margin account.

Risk / trade dont give accurate picture in long term.

Why can’t you calculate risk / month on your margin account?. Its very simple.

1 Like

I am using my own strategy and trade in crude oil. I focus on small but consistent profit.
Here are my last fews days profit.

4 Likes

i just want to know, is there any person has more profit in trading compared to losses ?

more profits than losses

it may be very few or none…

can you explain what is vol ( risk ) ?

sometimes i do 20 trades in a month and sometimes 10 …

can you explain me how to calculate risk/month if it is simple for the above example , assuming 5% risk per trade ?

vol = volatility.

Doesn’t matter if you do 100 trades / day. What matters is what is the margin change on daily basis.

Again doesn’t matter how much you risk / trade. We are trying to see the risk on your margin account.

why is this so hard?

Simply take your ledger balance on daily basis and calculate the %chg on daily basis. Then calculate the vol (stdev) → that is your risk . This is the risk your taking on your MARGIN ACCOUNT. This is what is ultimately important. your risk is not the risk/trade.

We are trying to find out if its even worth day trading considering the risk we take and how much we are returning.

you can calculate on daily change and then we can calculate vol/returns for weeks/months/years.

Basically we are trying to calculate your sharpe ratio. If it comes out > 1 , then you are a great trader and its worth trading your strategy. It don’t matter if its day trading or positional.

if you can give me your ledger for 1-2 years , i can calculate it for you. Let me know if you have any doubts.

god only knows what you mean …

no … its really simple if we just consider risk and returns per trade and not anything else…
i know how much my capital is in the beginning of the month and end of the month … i can calculate monthly returns and i can guess how much i am making
for me most important thing is risk per trade and returns per trade and success ratio of the trades

if i know my average monthly returns for 6/7 months , i can apply arithematic progression or geometric progression or whatever the hell i want …

assume i have 10L in my account , if i buy options for 5L , my ledger will show 5L …
if i short some options and collect 50k it will show my ledger as 10.50L …

pretty much whatever you say is useless calculation for option trades or if the trader does some option trading …

if you don’t understand risk. i can’t help you.

Sorry.