Is there any person who is profitable in trading? Show proof

I agree! “Per trade” is the right measure. And unlike stock/future trades, in option trades there is Risk per trade and there is “probability of profit”, two factors to consider. Which usually increase/decrease in tandem. 5-7% per month on consistent basis is absolutely fantastic!

1 Like

I asked if you can give me the vol (risk) on your margin account.

Risk / trade dont give accurate picture in long term.

Why can’t you calculate risk / month on your margin account?. Its very simple.

1 Like

I am using my own strategy and trade in crude oil. I focus on small but consistent profit.
Here are my last fews days profit.

4 Likes

i just want to know, is there any person has more profit in trading compared to losses ?

more profits than losses

it may be very few or none…

can you explain what is vol ( risk ) ?

sometimes i do 20 trades in a month and sometimes 10 …

can you explain me how to calculate risk/month if it is simple for the above example , assuming 5% risk per trade ?

vol = volatility.

Doesn’t matter if you do 100 trades / day. What matters is what is the margin change on daily basis.

Again doesn’t matter how much you risk / trade. We are trying to see the risk on your margin account.

why is this so hard?

Simply take your ledger balance on daily basis and calculate the %chg on daily basis. Then calculate the vol (stdev) → that is your risk . This is the risk your taking on your MARGIN ACCOUNT. This is what is ultimately important. your risk is not the risk/trade.

We are trying to find out if its even worth day trading considering the risk we take and how much we are returning.

you can calculate on daily change and then we can calculate vol/returns for weeks/months/years.

Basically we are trying to calculate your sharpe ratio. If it comes out > 1 , then you are a great trader and its worth trading your strategy. It don’t matter if its day trading or positional.

if you can give me your ledger for 1-2 years , i can calculate it for you. Let me know if you have any doubts.

god only knows what you mean …

no … its really simple if we just consider risk and returns per trade and not anything else…
i know how much my capital is in the beginning of the month and end of the month … i can calculate monthly returns and i can guess how much i am making
for me most important thing is risk per trade and returns per trade and success ratio of the trades

if i know my average monthly returns for 6/7 months , i can apply arithematic progression or geometric progression or whatever the hell i want …

assume i have 10L in my account , if i buy options for 5L , my ledger will show 5L …
if i short some options and collect 50k it will show my ledger as 10.50L …

pretty much whatever you say is useless calculation for option trades or if the trader does some option trading …

if you don’t understand risk. i can’t help you.

Sorry.

no issues …
do you really trade ?

do you have any simple explanation for this ?
you really have no clue about what you are talking

If you start saying you are profitable in stock market then don’t worry dooms day is coming.
Because by saying you are showing yourself smarter than others but inside there is Ego planting the seed in time it will make you over confident and careless ready to be caught by the market.

2 Likes

thanks to you … i need to get help from google to figure out what " sharpe ratio" mean
if you dont mind what is you “Sharpe ratio” for the previous month or the previous quarter or the previous year ?

When you take overnight positions in Futures and Options for positional trades, it’s not this simple. Especially when you have multiple long and short options positions. For example, for the same open position margin blockage will change from one day to the next when the underlying is moving well.

1 Like

also his/her understanding of standard deviation is wrong

your understanding about this standard deviation is completely wrong …

standard deviation merely tells the potential variation in its returns from its average return …

for ex:-
if the average monthly returns are 10% and the standard deviation is 3% then the expected monthly returns are 7% to 13% …
standard deviation ( or the volatility ) is NOT THE RISK …

first get the basics right before throwing some complex jargons on others :frowning_face:

1 Like

Chaitanya Jaiswal is one of the most profitable traders in India.At least he has already proven by winning the Indian trading league.

Look for Ashwani Gujral on Twitter. You’ll get your proof.

1 Like

He never posts losses.

1 Like

Forget him, first of all he has huge experience.

Second of all, he may be an operator or have friends who operate BANKNIFTY.

If paper get leaked and you clear the entrance exam, does that mean you are the best? Think about it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

He posted his entire bill for trading.that includes losses. But overall profit of 2.77cr

It is not so easy to find very profitable traders, but there definitely are. The common thing about the successful traders is that they have been at it for years, and have endured losses as well. So if you are new in the market, just be patient, your time is coming if you dont quit

2 Likes